All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Traped Gas and Spasms
      #323328 - 01/27/08 12:22 PM
jana67

Reged: 01/26/08

I kept a food diary yesterday. Two things aggravated my system: 1/2 pbj on ww toast (lunch) and tuna steak with lemon juice and pepper (dinner) (it wasn't much--my hubby didn't want it too bland).

I ended up in severe pain after only eating about 2 ounces of the fish...and I really had to force myself to eat it, because all my tummy was begging for was noodles. I ended up curled up in a ball--it even hurt to be on my back and I could barely stand up straight.

Back to the hospital--my b.p. was threw the roof because of the pain. The nurse gave me a shot of an antispasmatic and poof!! The pain level significantly decreased. Not only that, I was actually able to pass gas for the first time in over a week (sorry for the explicitness).

They took an abdominal x-ray and the dr. said I have a lot of gas. I thought that was odd, since I have not been able to pass any of it, although I have been belching quite often, and I never belch.

So, my questions are:

1) How do I untrap the traped gas?
2) Besides the common gas-causing foods (I think I overdid the hot water and lemon...), what else should I do?
3) Why have I been belching all week but barely passing any gas?
Thanks in advance.

Jana

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Traped Gas and Spasms new
      #323384 - 01/28/08 07:46 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I have this prolbem with gas to the best thing I have found is heathers feenel tea and the doc gave me bentyl and a heat pad these are the 3 things i have found that has work the best for me. I hope this helps!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas gas

Re: Traped Gas and Spasms new
      #323439 - 01/28/08 03:31 PM
crazylizardlady

Reged: 07/11/07
Loc: NJ

what is bentyl?? i have this prob. too. my doc gives me xifaxin every 6 months or so. don't think it worked well this time around. i tried acupuncture and, honestly, i noticed some improvement in my bloating. also, i have been going on the treadmill walking for 20 minutes after meals. I think this helps me move everything along. My mom is a nurse and her advice was to walk after meals to move everything along. Most of the time i look like i'm 5 months pregnant because i'm so bloated.

katharine

--------------------
IBS/GERD/Lactose Intolerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 517 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 925

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review