All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Oh Why would I do this to myself???
      #323281 - 01/27/08 04:18 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

So it's my youngest daughter's 22nd birthday and she wanted to go to Jonny Carino's (an italian resteraunt). I thought about it all day and decided that since I've been doing to well I'd eat "normal" food and see how it goes - WHY WOULD I DO THAT? I started out with an absolutely wonderful garlic potato soup (it had green onions and a creamy base), then had chicken milano which is grilled chicken with ham and provolone w/ fettucine alfredo all topped with fresh parmesan.... By the time I had finished off the soup and taken just a few bites of the chicken and fettucine, I was cramping and running to the restroom. I knew it was only going to get worse before it got better so I skipped out early. Driving home, I didn't think I was going to make it - cramping all the way - I made it and was ok for the rest of the night. But then I woke up at 4:00 (dreaming of D) and have been running to the bathroom ever since. Why oh why would I think I could eat that food???

So, mark this the day that I learned my lesson!!!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh Why would I do this to myself??? new
      #323285 - 01/27/08 05:19 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

There there. It's hard I know. I caved last night and had a Cadbury Creme Egg.

LOL

#323298 - 01/27/08 07:17 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Yes, it certainly is difficult at times. And I imagine this is a lesson that I will have to learn over and over again (but hopefully not too often - hehe).

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#323303 - 01/27/08 08:20 AM
Calli66

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: New Mexico USA

I know what you mean! I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to restaurant food--I try to be careful, but the desire to just "be normal" takes over, and then I justify some food choice. And regret it later! You'd think I'd learn after like 25 years of this, but NO--I still screw up at least twice a year.

Calli

#323305 - 01/27/08 08:28 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

Maybe one day we'll be able to indulge and not have a payback. It is so hard to eat completely "good" but if it makes a massive difference it will be worth it.

#323313 - 01/27/08 09:41 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Oh my. I'm sorry to hear that. At least now you have learned! It just annoys me that I used to be able to eat pizza, cheesy restaurant pasta dishes, and even fast food burgers often without incident. Other times I be cramping and sweating all the way home, praying that I would make it. But because I had so many times where I WAS okay, that would justify my taking the chance. Now that I'm on this diet, I'm not using the excuse anymore. I really, really am trying to be good!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#323324 - 01/27/08 11:29 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

We've all done it...eating out and not being careful. I've eaten there before and was thinking I was careful and still had an attack b/c someone said even their bread had butter in it (w/o using any). I've had time when literally I was cramped up so hard as not to let myself have an accident b/c I had to go so bad! I feel your pain.

I'm sure the worst is over now right? Have some peppermint tea and only dream of eating things like that now!
HUGS,
Sandy

#323326 - 01/27/08 12:11 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I'm sorry! I get like that too, I'm like "lets pretend I'm normal and can eat whatever"! It seems like I never learn!

Hopefully you're feeling much better now!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#323339 - 01/27/08 03:46 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Oooooh, I feel so bad for you. Yep, you eat-you learn. There's only 1 thing I can allow myself is when I am stable, I eat 1 chocolate candy with nuts or something like that, that has some milk in it. Even then I get a few pains within 5-10 minutes after eating it. And I remind myself: no cheating!

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2971 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1401

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review