All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Red Meat and Iron tablets
      #322998 - 01/23/08 09:05 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

Ok. I have an issue with very low iron and iron tablets go straight through me. The only way I can get iron is through red meat. I like to have lean red meat steaks.

I can't remember red meat alone ever giving me any really bad issues, so why is it on the "avoid at all costs" list?
Please note my tummy is extremely sensitive. So much so at times that one glass of milk or an icecream cone sends my tummy reeling and I really have to get to a bathroom...where I will have diarrohea and constipation all in one. It's so darn frustrating!

I know we are meant to avoid dairy at all costs and I kinda figured dairy is no good for me since soy milk I don't react to but normal milk I can't seem to stomach all that well.

But a good steak eaten with a big piece of sweet potato..is that ok to eat? I have CFS aswell and I have like 0 energy.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Red Meat and Iron tablets new
      #323009 - 01/23/08 09:28 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

If you're following the Eating for IBS diet, then no, it's not okay to eat red meat even with SF foods. Have you read the trigger list on the main site? It should have information there about why red meat is to be avoided. Also check the research library board for studies about diet and IBS.

#323011 - 01/23/08 09:45 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Everyone is different - some of us can actually drink coffee (unfortunately I'm not one of them) and that is on the "avoid at all costs" list too.

If you are completely sure that lean red meat does not bother you, then I say eat it. But be sure - I would cut it out for a few weeks and then gradually reintroduce it so that you'll know whether it does soemthing funky to your system.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#323152 - 01/25/08 07:05 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

Thanks a lot guys. I really hope I can tolerate some red meat. I crave it so much with my iron and I already eat a lot of spinach and stuff.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3917 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 717

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review