All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Any actors/singers have IBS? And do you work?
      #322843 - 01/21/08 09:13 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

I am assuming some would. I Love the arts but my IBS has always held me back. Never even taken a drama class.

Anyone know of any actors that actually have this? And if you work how on earth do you deal with this thing? I can't even bear to go on a bus in case my tummy gets nervous and bang!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any actors/singers have IBS? And do you work? new
      #322847 - 01/21/08 10:02 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I heard Tyra Banks has IBS but I don't know if C or D or how severe. However, I can't imagine having to model when I'm all bloated. Maybe she didn't have it back during her modeling career.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#322854 - 01/21/08 10:56 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

OMG, really?? How on earth does she lead such an incredibly busy, stressful life with IBS??? Doing ANTM, all that constant travelling, doing her own talk show, and lord-knows what else. The thought alone makes me queasy!!!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#322860 - 01/21/08 11:29 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

That's just what I've heard but now I became more curious so I googled her and found this video where she basically she's something like "I've got this, I don't know what you call it, it's not a disease, it's called IBS so I fart all the time". She and Janet Jackson were discussing farting in this video. But she didn't mention anything else (pain, bloating, C or D...) so like I said before, she may not have a serious case of IBS.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#322862 - 01/21/08 12:25 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Yeah... definately doesn't sound like a serious case - she doesn't even seem to take it seriously herself...

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#322881 - 01/21/08 02:54 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hello there.
I've been doing acting and singing since I was born! It really is a passion of mine, along with playing the harp. While in college, my IBS got really bad. It's funny, because it never stopped me. Somehow I found out that my belly and I had an agreement that my symptoms would never act up on stage. I don't know how, and I wish I could tell you more, but something about the adrenaline makes my IBS symptoms non existent. Granted, after a show sometimes I feel sick, but never during.
I have recently decided to do more teaching than acting or singing and I really enjoy it. I will always be a performer at heart, and even my full time job now is performing/teaching for a group of 3 year olds everyday. Only once in 6 months have I had to leave the class to use the bathroom.
I hope this encourages you to at least take a class or have some fun. I've found recently that once I found the right amount of acacia, a probiotic and relaxation techniques...everything is much simpler!
Hope this helps.

--------------------
IBS-A

#322914 - 01/22/08 06:27 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Gives me some hope.

I don't fart an awful lot. Is that normal for an IBS-er? I mean when I have a really bad attack of course I do but generally I don't and I am IBS-D.

#323007 - 01/23/08 09:15 AM
tovabela

Reged: 11/07/07
Loc: NYC

My acupuncturist suggested acting or singing lessons as a way to relieve stress/anxiety which is commonly found in IBS cases. I thought it was an interesting suggestion, but not quite my thing.

#323023 - 01/23/08 11:02 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

I have had Ibs for 6 years now I spent two of those years in a very active band, we played out once a week! I was sick all the time, had d sometimes before shows, but I did it, I am now a semi pro belly dancer, and still don't have a perfectly happy tummy. It was some sort of magic for me, as soon as I'm on stage I'm not sick, it comes back but when it's happening.... I think it's about being passionate about it and loving it, and making what your doing more important than how your feeling, now if only I could do that with everything!

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#323024 - 01/23/08 11:05 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

shes mentioned it on top model several times, she has also said that when she first started and was traveling she'd eat the wrong food and be completely ill during shoots... amazingly inspirational!

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1466 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2385

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review