All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Does RELIV work?
      #322828 - 01/21/08 05:13 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

I know some people who swear they've had success after taking RELIV for a year.
Does anyone else take it and think it helps? I want to try it but they say it can take like a year for you to notice a change while others may notice an improvement within one week.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does RELIV work? new
      #322830 - 01/21/08 08:10 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

It's a scam, IMHO. The ingredients are very IBS friendly and the person who I was gonna buy it from was a fraud.

Where did you hear about this product from? Are they trustworthy? This product was popular a few years ago, but nobody who bought it from the seller (who was a short-lived poster) did not find results that I know of. (If you do a search with no time limits, you should find some feedback from others).

Proceed with caution. I know how tempting it is to try and find relief. If you buy it, good luck! Maybe it will help you! It's just too fishy and pricey for me.....but I'm an eternal skeptic!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#322839 - 01/21/08 08:32 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

I also suffer from CFS and Fibromyalgia, and yes, this person is trustworthy.

I went to one of their meetings though and it was like PUSH PUSH PUSH to get ME to sell the stuff. I said I'd try it for a bit and see what happens, but they tried to shut me up as soon as I mentioned that the average person too ill to work and on a disability pension won't be able to afford it.

If the stuff is generally IBS friendly I'll take it and see what happens but I won't hold my breath.

I will see if these Reliv peeps can set me up to talk to someone who has had IBS. If they can't find me someone who has been cured of it I will be very skeptical, as IBS IS rather common and they should have some people who've had it and either gotten better from it or not.

Re: Does ACTiVIA work? new
      #322891 - 01/21/08 04:10 PM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

Is this IBS friendly?

#322892 - 01/21/08 04:22 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Dairy is a common trigger for IBS and it is strongly recommended that you eliminate it from your diet - including yogurt. But soy yogurt is safe and surprisingly very good!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#324375 - 02/09/08 01:02 AM
sidelined

Reged: 02/08/08

Hi, I am a CFS/ME FMS, sufferer as well. I have IBS w/severe C, and occassional bouts of D. What is RELIV?

#324397 - 02/09/08 03:03 PM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reliv is a company that has powdered supplements that are meant to help everything.

The Reliv NOW or Classic is the one that is meant to be the standard one and good for everything.

As far as I am aware it IS IBS friendly, and is soy based but it is rather expensive.
It is frustrating, as most people swear it DOES work...but you need to take it every day and it might take a year or so to notice a real change, whereas others notice a change within months/weeks.

My issue with it is the cost...:( That's why I was hoping someone might be able to say "Yeah it's great!" etc...

I will continue to take it but if within a full year of taking it I am no better I will stop taking it.

It is a good multi vitamin supplement for your overall health aswell. I personally think controlling IBS through diet is the only way to ensure your bowel doesn't react because even if you take the best IBS medicine in the world, if you still go gorge on chocolate and coffee, you're gonna get sick.
God Bless.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2329 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1745

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review