All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm going to sing the praises of Acacia!
      #322629 - 01/18/08 11:34 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I just started taking it again (after a long time taking just fibercon). It's only been three days and yet I've seen such a difference in the urgency and number of times I was going in the morning. I had shared that I was afraid I couldn't make it to my kids school (only minutes away) before having to go again. It was very stressful for me.

I've been taking it in the morning and before I go to bed. (about 3 tsp total right now) I think I wasn't taking enough fiber before ( only 4 fibercon in the morning) and it has helped my stomach tremendously!

It's a great product! I just wish I had gotten it sooner.
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Acacia is the best for bloating! new
      #322636 - 01/18/08 12:31 PM
stidesheaven

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Colorado

I wish I had ordered acacia years ago. I have had severe IBS for a little over 5 years now. I recently did a 2 year stint in Hollywood, CA in the entertainment biz and most days I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. I was taking citrucel caps, 7 a day spread out throughout the course of the day and always before eating anything. My diet basically consited of the "what to eat when you can't eat anything diet" for years. Since I got up the guts to try something new (I felt like I finally got things to a manageable point and didn't want to jeopardize all of the years of trial and error and balance I found) I wish I had tried this YEARS AGO. The acacia took away the bloat. I found my girlish figure again (just in time to leave Hollywood unfortunately).

I started with 1/2 teaspoon in the morning and at bedtime, then weaned myself off of the citrucel and onto the acacia. For about a year now I've been taking 1/2 teaspoon from about 4 to 8 times a day and it has been a miracle!

re: stidesheaven new
      #322646 - 01/18/08 01:59 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

It really helps with bloating? How long did it take for you to kick in?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: re: stidesheaven new
      #322886 - 01/21/08 03:38 PM
stidesheaven

Acacia has been the only thing that has helped with the bloating for me. If I eat a trigger food of course I get bloated, but not nearly as much. I think it worked as fast as 2 weeks if I remember correctly. Now I take it so often that all of my friends and family knows what the mystery powder is that I carry in my purse, and I call it the miracle powder.

You just want to make sure you start it slowly otherwise you'll feel sick.

#322888 - 01/21/08 03:49 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

You said you take it 6-8 times a day. So do you take a 1/2 tsp
with every meal and then a few extra times a day? Are you C or D?

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#323440 - 01/28/08 04:21 PM
stidesheaven

Yes I take a 1/2 teaspoon with every meal and in between if it has been a couple of hours since I last took some. I am IBS-A.

Re: Acacia is the best for bloating! new
      #323442 - 01/28/08 04:57 PM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

Quote:

I wish I had ordered acacia years ago. I have had severe IBS for a little over 5 years now. I recently did a 2 year stint in Hollywood, CA in the entertainment biz and most days I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. I was taking citrucel caps, 7 a day spread out throughout the course of the day and always before eating anything. My diet basically consited of the "what to eat when you can't eat anything diet" for years. Since I got up the guts to try something new (I felt like I finally got things to a manageable point and didn't want to jeopardize all of the years of trial and error and balance I found) I wish I had tried this YEARS AGO. The acacia took away the bloat. I found my girlish figure again (just in time to leave Hollywood unfortunately).

I started with 1/2 teaspoon in the morning and at bedtime, then weaned myself off of the citrucel and onto the acacia. For about a year now I've been taking 1/2 teaspoon from about 4 to 8 times a day and it has been a miracle!

I haven't tried any of Heather's products, but I'd be careful with this one.
acacia allergy?
Read the links in the thread.

Edited by Fatso (01/28/08 05:00 PM)

#323475 - 01/29/08 06:21 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

You're lucky it helps your bloating. It only made mine worse.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#323476 - 01/29/08 06:23 AM
crazylizardlady

Reged: 07/11/07
Loc: NJ

OMG. It sounds like you used to look just like me. I'm petite, 105 lbs, yet I carry a gut the size of someone who is 5 months pregnant. I'm so sick of it. I only have one pair of pants I can wear. I'm usually a size 2 or 0, but with the gut , it makes it hard to find anything that fits. I'm going to try the acacia powder. Fingers are crossed!! P.s. Did you eliminate all trigger foods, dairy, caffeine, or are you able to once in a while "cheat" and still stay managed? I'm curious if I'll ever be able to enjoy some of the foods I miss, like ice cream, and , of course , my morning cup of coffee. Is there any hope????

Katharine

--------------------
IBS/GERD/Lactose Intolerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1813

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review