All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Attacks every time I go from home to school
      #322417 - 01/15/08 05:06 PM
grand sirenis

Reged: 03/13/07

Hi all,

Every time I go back to school, I seem to have trouble adjusting. Once at school for 2 weeks, I seem to adjust and have no D attacks. But during the first 2 weeks i get pretty bad D attacks for days on end.

My diet at home is mainly pasta, chicken, potatoes. At school, I eat a lot of sandwiches (turkey, very little lettuce, and mustard), apple sauce, cinnamon apple breakfast pitas, bananas.

I live in a dorm so I can't really cook food, and the rez food isn't usually safe except there is usually one hot meal a week that isn't bad.

Just wondering if there is any tips to get back on track any sooner than now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Attacks every time I go from home to school new
      #322435 - 01/16/08 05:39 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

What would bother me with your diet at school would be whether the turkey is organic and whether the bread has HFCS. My daughter is also IBS. When she was in college we cooked on weekends (you have to live close enough to come home), she took the food back to school in a ice chest and then warmed it up in the microwave. The fact that you seem to adjust after 2 weeks is interesting. Maybe your initial D attacks are brought on by stress!! Good luck to you in your studies.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#322451 - 01/16/08 09:05 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

I recently had to travel for business and my biggest concern was - what will I eat??? I found some items that I brought with me, this may sound very boring but might be a good idea to help you ease back into the school routine:

1. minute rice in single serving containers, you simply microwave for 1 minute (I even ate some w/out microwaving at the airport - it's fully cooked). I typically mix the tuna in with rice it's actually quite good. You can also mix applesauce with the rice. If you have a refrigerator, get some flour tortillas and roll the rice and tuna this is also quite good.
2. Tuna in the foil type packages
3. Mott's applesauce (I get the "no sugar added"). You can get this in berry flavors as well
4. Some fresh breads (french bread, dinner rolls, crusty rolls etc.) they last longer if refrigerated.
5. instanct oatmeal packets

I lived on the above foods for 1 week while traveling (plus had grilled chicken and baked potato (bare) for dinner), and did very well.

Good luck!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#322493 - 01/16/08 03:33 PM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Great suggestions. I am going to try your method the next time I travel!

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1609 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review