Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chai tea
      #32098 - 12/16/03 08:52 AM
oceane

Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: Toronto, Canada

Is chai tea, made with soy milk ok?

I am addicted to coffee and trying to find safe alternatives. I usually don't like tea but chai I can live with. Just need to know if its safe or not...

I recently discovered this website and bought the book yesterday so I am still a newbie, but not new to tummy troubles!! (diagnosed with crohn's in 1988, new GI suspects IBS as well)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chai tea new
      #32106 - 12/16/03 09:37 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Chai has rich spice indgredients and you can add soy milk to it. Check out the recipe exchange for chai drink. Try roobios it's a alternative to coffee and you can add soy milk too.

#32110 - 12/16/03 09:53 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

If caffeine or tea itself is not a trigger for you, then you should be okay. I can tolerate the decaf chai just fine, but some people can't handle the tannins in tea at all.

Heather has a recipe for Indian Chai Tea if you'd like to try to make it yourself. Another alternative I've found that isn't exactly the same, but reminds me of chai, is Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings.

#32180 - 12/16/03 12:25 PM
Chelsea22

Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Virginia

For at least 3 years I was an everyday drinker of Starbucks Soy Chai Tea Latte's. Completely addicted to both the caffeine and the sugar from the vanilla soy milk they use. It pretty much upset my stomach, but I kept on drinking it (in denial at the time that I had IBS w/diarrhea)

Be careful, because you have the caffeine, the acidic nature of caffinated tea, and the fat from the soy milk to deal with...all can be triggers for some. I would try Heather's recipe...it looks pretty safe, but I'm still trying to find some of the ingredients in the store. Be careful with any store bought chai!

I hope it works, and if it does have one for me okay?

#32220 - 12/16/03 05:44 PM
oceane

Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: Toronto, Canada

I ended up trying one at Starbucks...
I have to say it was very yummy, until serious reflux showed up! Oh well! Looks like I have to look at other options at Starbucks since I am too lazy to make something like that at home
But I enjoyed it so much I may give it a try during the holidays

have you found anything else at Starbucks that didn't wreck your tummy?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 901

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review