All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone taking Buspar?
      #320750 - 12/15/07 08:36 AM
shannonm

Reged: 01/27/07
Loc: maryland

I pretty much had my IBS under control, untill I had a panic attack two years ago. Since that time it has all gone down hill. It has gotten so bad that when my husband deployed I went to live with my parents, because I just couldn't leave the house. My anxiety is so bad that it's effecting my stomach of course. Anyway I asked the doc for Buspar, I read that it takes longer to work, but has less side effects and is less addicting, the doc also gave me Ativan for emergencys. I've been taking 10mg for two weeks of the Buspar & I haven't noticed much difference and was wondering if anyone else is taking it, how long did it take to start working for you, and is it making a difference?

Thanks
Shannon

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone taking Buspar? new
      #320833 - 12/16/07 02:15 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm on Buspar and lorazepam. The Buspar has helped, but it took about four weeks to start seeing an effect. I'm on 15 mg, which is a really low dose. If you don't notice anything after 4-6 weeks, you should consider increasing it. I also use lorazepam for panic attacks and, sometimes, really bad IBS attacks.

#320834 - 12/16/07 02:17 PM
lalala

Oh, also trying a search on this, using the terms Buspar or buspirone. There are several other people on the boards who've used it and their experiences with it might provide some important information for you.

#320933 - 12/18/07 07:14 AM
shannonm

Reged: 01/27/07
Loc: maryland

Thank you, I didn't want to go back to the doc and tell him it wasn't working without giving it enough time. I'm gonna ask him about the other med your taking it can't hurt. thanks for your reply
shannonm

--------------------
IBS-A

#321057 - 12/20/07 01:17 PM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

I take Klonopin as needed......

When you take lorazapem, does it help with the IBS...ie cramping, pain, etc etc etc....does it calm the gut like an antispasmodic?

#321080 - 12/20/07 07:44 PM
lalala

Yes, it does calm the gut -- much better than antispasmodics I've tried in the past.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8361 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2272

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review