All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cheating :(
      #319921 - 12/02/07 08:44 PM
leahmarie

Reged: 11/28/07
Loc: Midwest

I am so ashamed of myself. I cannot stop cheating off of heather's diet suggestions. I dont' know what to do. I constantly crave the things I know I can't have. My biggest downfall is that I work at a hotel and we serve amazing rolls for breakfast. As soon as I walk into the office the smell is so fantastic that I open the box and plan my evening snack. No matter how many times i tell myself, "Leah, you don't need that. You will get sick. It's so fatening! Don't eat that!" it just doesn't work. I end up eating it and feeling remorse afterwards. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to curb my cravings? Any delicious safe snacks that you have that I can bring to work with me? HELP!!!

--------------------
Leah-----
IBS-C predominant, gas, cramps, bloating, uncomfortable... oh and some colitis to top it all off

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cheating :( new
      #319923 - 12/02/07 10:39 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Please read posts about cheating at http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=319451&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

I understand your having cravings. Today I keep craving Russian sausage. Maybe you can allow yourself cheat sometimes but not all the time. Make a deal with yourself.

Good luck.
Tatyana.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#319940 - 12/03/07 09:16 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Try baking some nice delicious snacks that you can take with you - yummy banana bread, oatmeal muffins, even chocolate cake. There are TONS of safe recipes on this website and in Heather's book.

I have a huge weakness for croissant rolls, so I know how you feel. But the trick is to find something else that is just as good! Right now I'm enjoying sourdough english muffins with a little bit of low-fat, dairy-free margerine, and so far, so good!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#320163 - 12/06/07 07:14 AM
leahmarie

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try that, making a deal. Like if I eat this, then I can't eat that. Or if I don't eat it today, I can eat it tomorrow. Is that what you mean? I also read those other posts about cheating and I don't feel so bad about not following super strictly. Thanks for the help!

--------------------
Leah-----
IBS-C predominant, gas, cramps, bloating, uncomfortable... oh and some colitis to top it all off

#320164 - 12/06/07 07:15 AM
leahmarie

I am definately going to try this. I just need to find some time to bake! Thanks for your suggestions!

--------------------
Leah-----

#320168 - 12/06/07 07:41 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I definitely cheat, but only in small amounts. I'll have a small piece of chocolate or a little cheese or something. Small amounts (and not too many of them) don't bother me much, and it is tough to deprive yourself of things you enjoy! If small amounts of stuff do bother you a lot though, I would suggest trying to find good replacements.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review