All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dr Dahlman
      #319507 - 11/26/07 04:31 PM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

Has anyone ever heard of this guy.....he gives a FREE 35 page report on his website on how to cure IBS, along with a video of him explaining it.....but i guess what i question is that I felt he was like a chiropractor...ie sending reminder emails and marketing his business in order to get more clients......i understand that medicine is a business and you have to do this but it just seems weird...and it ends up he is a chiropractor....the report he publishes is very interesting and FREE which is noble....although part of the program is supplements that he sells but i believe they might be available elsewhere...not sure....here is the website...let me know

http://www.drdahlman.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dr Dahlman new
      #319527 - 11/26/07 06:19 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Please read what Heather has said about Dr. Dahlman in a previous discussion. Dr. Dahlman

If you do a search, you will find past discussions about Dahlman and his methods.

One more link... new
      #319528 - 11/26/07 06:21 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

This has more info from Heather about his site, what he's selling, and his misinformation on IBS. I think Heather does a fantastic job summing up IBS and explaining why his methods and attitude are wrong.

Dahlman

Edited by Maria!Maria! (11/26/07 06:23 PM)

#319535 - 11/26/07 09:49 PM
gigi1234

Reged: 06/10/06

I have read his report and was wondering what others thought about it. Some of it does make sense but like you I am skeptical because of the marketing aspect. I do think there is something to the "bad bacteria" notion. I experienced an inexplicable reprieve from IBS recently when I was on a strong course of antibiotics for 2 weeks.

#319546 - 11/27/07 07:16 AM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

I sent him an email regarding the email campaign that results in emails to potential customers ...although it is commendable that he is sharing this information AND yes he has to make a living as well...he is a chiropractor not a gastro but i guess that doesnt mean anything...ive met some really bad chiros and some really bad gastros and vice versus....supposedly you can buy his products from others so maybe he is reputable and genuinely caring but who can tell online anymore....- this is what I said...

People are suffering and your marketing campaign with weekly email reminders
seems very "business" focused....its kind of a turn off...sorry....

AND This was his response -

No one knows about the suffering as much as I do with my patients. And here I provide you and others a free report that they can take to any other physician for treatment. All the supplements I recommend can be found from other sources, no need to buy from me. And even if a person would do all of that...if they have any questions for me...I still answer via email or quick phone calls.
Welcome to America, I've tried to figure out how to do this for free, but my kids need to eat. I do need your advice though...Do you think my book is properly priced at $17.95 ($12.21 at Amazon)?
Perhaps your need to give me your opinion could have been time better spent? Shame on you.

Edited by Mhillqt (11/27/07 07:57 AM)

Re: most people w/ IBS have some inflammation new
      #319558 - 11/27/07 08:45 AM
jenny833

Reged: 11/05/05

i read a study that an elevated anti chymotrypsin is a strong indicator of colonic inflammation.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7742 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1701

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review