Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Sarah new
      #319635 - 11/28/07 07:13 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi Jordy,

I'm not going to consume food and drink that i know i can't handle but i'm going to try to remember that just because a food or drink is problematic for one person doesn't mean that it's the same for me. My problem is that i think that because someone can't tolerate it then it means that i can't, but this isn't always the case. I think in some cases we know our own bodies and how they react to things and it's important to go with what our bodies are telling us- this is what i'm not very good at. So, i think i can handle one cup of coffee a day if i don't get anxious and guilty about it as i've been fine with this before. I don't know if i'm making much sense. But i read that with food intolerances (which is what i believe is a main cause of my IBS as well as anxiety) the body can handle a certain amount of a suspected intolerance so it's about figuring out how much your body can handle.

Like you i've been getting so depressed about what i can and can't have that i think it's making everything worse, and is especially making my anxiety worse. I've been also feeling like my whole life revolves around my IBS- so much so that i've forgotten what i enjoy and how to enjoy life. And since i can control the bloating, nausea and pain by not eating wheat and dairy (apart from a glug of milk in my coffee), and minimising sugar then i can put up with occasional constipation that is caused by my enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning (this is my only cheat). When i try to cut out wheat and all the other IBS triggers my will power becomes zero so that i just go overboard and chuck the whole diet restrictions in- which makes my IBS a million times worse than when i enjoy a morning cup of coffee.

Hope i've made sense. Loads will probably totally disagree with what i've written. I'm just going through a depressed phase because of the whole food stuff at the mo and feel that i really can't stick to all of the diet restrictions without getting evenmore depressed and obsessive/anxious.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#319637 - 11/28/07 07:15 AM
welshsarah

Poor you, anxiety and IBS sucks big time doesn't it. I feel like it rules my life!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: Do you cheat? new
      #319647 - 11/28/07 09:28 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

I have not cheated since I started the diet three years, ago.The idea of cheating brings such intense panic, that looking at stuff off the diet freaks me out! Shoot, trying things on the diet that seem to good to be true freaks me out... My first Luna bar almost caused hyperventilation!lol Now I eat them, once every couple weeks. I'd rather never have triggers again then be sick,It's gotten so they freak me out so much I don't really miss them!

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Re: Do you cheat? new
      #319716 - 11/29/07 08:03 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

I have not cheated since I started the diet three years, ago.The idea of cheating brings such intense panic, that looking at stuff off the diet freaks me out! Shoot, trying things on the diet that seem to good to be true freaks me out

ME too!! I am afraid of fructose, soy, oats (all supposedly okay). I play it ultra safe.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#319717 - 11/29/07 08:09 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

i'm going to try to remember that just because a food or drink is problematic for one person doesn't mean that it's the same for me. My problem is that i think that because someone can't tolerate it then it means that i can't

I am the same way!

Quote:

. I think in some cases we know our own bodies and how they react to things

I feel totally out of touch with my body. I don't know what it wants or doesn't.
Quote:

i've been getting so depressed about what i can and can't have that i think it's making everything worse, and is especially making my anxiety worse. I've been also feeling like my whole life revolves around my IBS- so much so that i've forgotten what i enjoy and how to enjoy life

Again, totally understand!!!

So, other than eliminating gluten, most dairy and sugar, will you be expanding outside the coffee experiment?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#319719 - 11/29/07 08:24 AM
welshsarah

Thanks for your post Jordy. IBS sucks doesn't it.

I'm not planning on experimenting outside of having my beloved coffee. I am going to keep it to 1 a day though- anymore than that and my blood sugar levels go all over the place and then i get panicky! To be honest, i don't think i'll touch the dairy stuff. I'll just have to learn to love soy!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

cheating differences new
      #319820 - 11/30/07 01:08 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Everyone is different but cheating with coffee, soda, red meat, or egg yolks by themselves seem the riskiest. When other things are eaten on a stomach of SF or in small quantities, I feel they are more tolerable. I would definitely be careful with that coffee!! Just my opinion!

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 510 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6392

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review