All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Seeking a Good GI Doctor in MN
      #319433 - 11/25/07 09:38 PM
gigi1234

Reged: 06/10/06

I just moved to MN and am considering seeking medical help once again. If anyone knows a good GI person in MN, possibly in Minneapolis/St. Paul, please let me know. I am looking for someone who will do more than tell me to take fiber supplements. It has been 4 years since I was diagnosed and no dietary changes have helped me at all. I'd like to find someone who is on the cutting edge of the field, so to speak. Thanks for your help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Seeking a Good GI Doctor in MN new
      #319475 - 11/26/07 01:11 PM
Julie1234

Reged: 11/26/07

I am trying Dr. Carolyn Torkelson at the U of M Women's Health Center. I found her on this holistic physicians website: http://www.holisticphysicians.info/list.html. Unfortunately I cannot give a recommendation but as she lists IBS and PMS in her areas of interest I thought she was worth a try for me.

There is more information about her through the U of M website.

One downside however is she is booked out until April 2008.

Good Luck

Julie in MN

#319510 - 11/26/07 04:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Let me know how you like her please! I am going again to my GI doctor in St Cloud. He also goes to Princeton. His name is David Roberts with CentraCare clinic in St Cloud. I have found him understanding and very experienced. He has a nice demeanor and seems to listen better than most men.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#319536 - 11/26/07 09:56 PM
gigi1234

Reged: 06/10/06

Wow I am sure I can hang with this until April. But thanks for the info! I will let you know what I think of whomever I end up seeing, if anyone.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3066 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 754

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review