All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Intense Stabbing Pain
      #319358 - 11/22/07 07:10 PM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

with the help of a low dose of klonopin i was able facing going to my aunts house today for thanksgivig- 30 people.....7 hour italian meal....i ate very carefully.....i had some intialy panic/fainting feeling (I have panic disorder)moments in the beginni9ng but that passed and then 1 hour before we were suppose to leave the IBS INTENSE STABBING PAIN started.....thought i was going to faint but luckily we were just about leaving and made it home.....still in pain.......if this happened at the beginning of the meal, i would have to have left....i was so bummed because i was so happy that the klonopin and my stomach were cooperating all day and now im dreading the 3 other upcoming events........for me the panic disorder is much easier to deal with than this out of the blue stabbing pain of ibs.....and it causes panic for me....what is this pain from.....i had the best BM before the party and was pretty empty......and the pain wasnt from having to go to the bathroom - ie no diarhea or constipation.......

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Intense Stabbing Pain new
      #319375 - 11/23/07 12:13 PM
Mhillqt

so no one gets these intense stabbing pains without need to go to bathroom?

Re: Intense Stabbing Pain new
      #319377 - 11/23/07 12:26 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

MH,

Where are the stabbing pains, if I know where they are I may be able to help identify with the intense, gut wrenching, labor pain type pain I get with an IBS-D attack, also are you IBS - D, C, or A?

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Re: Happened to me.. new
      #319378 - 11/23/07 12:28 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

It seems similar to your case. I had a very stressful day (important presentation for important people) and I started off by taking Imodium to make sure of no stomach troubles. I left early in the morning and came home around 3pm. I hadn't eaten or drank much so I didn't know what to do first. I made the mistake of eating first, and about an hour later was getting intense stabbing pains. Almost felt like my intestines were squeezing everything inside me. I didn't have any rumbling or D, and had a BM that morning so it wasn't C. I made a pot of peppermint tea and drank 2 cups. Within 10 mins of drinking the first cup the pain went away.

I think in this case it was simply dehydration. Water would have probably worked just as well as the tea. Were you dehydrated when your pain happened?

--------------------
Kat

Re: Happened to me.. new
      #319379 - 11/23/07 12:46 PM
Mhillqt

thank you both....the pain is lower ab and shoots up to chest.....it was 5 hours after thanksgiving dinner....i ate moderately...didnt stuff myself at all......but i ate small portions of potential trigger foods...ie a lice of prosciutto, a small piece of cheese, some nuts, a watermelon slice......whats interesting is that i was relaxed most of the day since i took a benzo..ie klonopin.....and my ibs only started 6 weeks ago but i would occassionally get these stabbing pains over the last few years without d or c.......is it gas that causes the pain? i was in a room full of people so it was hard to leave and make hot tea...i didnt want to make a scene and we were leaving in 30 minutes after pain started...if it happened at the beginning of dinner i would have left or made some scene - ie help, im in pain type thing......its very much like panic...this stuff comes out of the blue.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2871 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1076

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review