All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS diet and pregnancy
      #319125 - 11/19/07 05:51 PM
jennwolla

Reged: 11/14/07

Hi, I am new to the group. I have was dx with IBS at 19 years old, now I am 27 and trying to get pregnant. A year ago I had a benign cyst removed from my colorectal area and since then my IBS has been way worse. I lost 20+ pounds and have slowly managed to gain it back after surgery. Anyways my question is how many others have gone through a pregnancy with this syndrome. Right now I am on a prenatal vitamin and infertility medication and some days I am OK but most days I am miserable. I had gotten it pretty well under control with diet, fennel tea, digestive enzymes, ginger caps, probiotics and Acacia powder. I jsut recently have started using the Peppermint oil caps. Any suggestions on IBS and pregnancy? Thanks Jenn

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS diet and pregnancy new
      #319161 - 11/19/07 09:48 PM
SW10

Reged: 10/18/07

I have IBS-D.. I had my son over 2months ago, but had a fairly good pregnancy.. I would have my days when I would get D, but all in all it was good. I basically could eat almost anything I wanted and the stuff I couldn't I just stayed away from during my pregnancy.. Everybodys bodies respond differently to pregnacy.. When you are pregnant the baby sits on your intestines and your hormones are so goofed up that it usually causes constpation in a lot of people. As soon as I had my son I had to get back on my meds because I was getting bad d..
To be safe I would continue Heathers diet and keep taking prenatal pills
I wish you the best of luck!

#319170 - 11/20/07 06:34 AM
crowdpleaser

Reged: 11/13/07

Im currently 24 weeks pregnant and have suffered with IBS-D for 5 years but it has been so much worse during pregnancy. I think a lot seems to be down to worry and anxiety. I have just started on the diet and am also using Mikes tapes so I will let you know how I get on xxx

--------------------
Im 27 years old and have suffered with IBS-D for 5 years. Im starting on the diet and the Ibs audio program Nov 07. My first baby is due March 08.

#319199 - 11/20/07 09:50 AM
SW10

Reged: 10/18/07

Congrats!!!
Yeah, let me know..
I am new to the diet too.. It's hard, but I am trying it.. my body is senstive to a lot of foods and its hard to eat even more than once a day..

#319201 - 11/20/07 10:18 AM
rox53

Reged: 02/23/04

I'm 20 weeks pregnant right now. In the first trimester I was having sporadic D but not too bad. Now, I never have D and could almost be C if it wasn't for me eating a lot of fiberous foods. I can eat a LOT more foods than when I wasn't pregnant. I now eat a lot of fruits and veggies and I think it helps me not to be C. When I wasn't pregnant, if I ate that much fruits & veggies I would be in so much pain from a lot of D. So your body goes through a lot of changes. There are a lot of people on the board that don't have any IBS symptoms when they are pregnant.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1116

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review