Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Question about Sushi and Ibs d
      #318868 - 11/16/07 04:50 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Hello all,
I was wondering is sushi, seaweed and california rolls are safe for ibs d? I just had it for dinner for the first time ever. I'm ok so far, but I feel a little rumbeling in stomach. I think its because I over ate, but I'm not sure. Or is it the sushi that is making my stomach a little upset? Thanks!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about Sushi and Ibs d new
      #318888 - 11/16/07 07:46 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

sushi is one of my safest foods to eat as long as I don't order anything with sauce or cream cheese. When I go out with friends I always hope they suggest sushi because its healthy and safe. The first time I was nervous but I eat it all the time now. White rice is also great to eat!

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Re: Question about Sushi and Ibs d new
      #318900 - 11/17/07 06:46 AM
Sweetd

Oh, good I'm so glad to hear that because I really did enjoy it! I think I just over ate. Thanks for your help!

--------------------

Re: Question about Sushi for abby6126 new
      #318948 - 11/17/07 04:17 PM
grand sirenis

Reged: 03/13/07

what do you usually order? can you eat the soy sauce and ginger along with it? are you d or c?

#318955 - 11/17/07 04:51 PM
Sweetd

A boston roll, which has shrimp, cucumber, seaweed and rice in it. No soy sauce or ginger . I'm a d now. I even tried the left overs again today and I was fine! I guess I can eat it after all.

--------------------

#318958 - 11/17/07 05:55 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

i'm so excited for you!

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#318959 - 11/17/07 06:47 PM
Sweetd

Thanks Abby! Me too, its so yummy!

--------------------

Re: Sushi! and question about seaweed - SF? new
      #318982 - 11/18/07 08:52 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I eat sushi all the time!
I pretty much eat all of them that don't have added sauces or mayo or cream cheese (yep there was a place that had a 'bagel roll' with salmon and cream cheese hehe). I eat the vegetable sushi rolls with no soy sauce, but the raw fish ones with. I do eat the ginger too. No wasabi though, it's too hot for my tongue. I love when my friends want to go for sushi, its been my staple restaurant food for a while now.

My favorites are avocado or cucumber rolls (single ingredients) and rainbow rolls (california roll with fish on top). I also make sushi at home, usually avocado or cucumber.

Seaweeds in general seem to be really easy to digest, I'm wondering if it's actually a SF source. Anyone know?

Oh and just one word of caution. The sushi you may see in grocery stores or fast food places tends to have some added ingredients including HFCS and preservatives (listed on the package). Sushi restaurants are all fine.

--------------------
Kat

Re: Sushi! and question about seaweed - SF? new
      #318985 - 11/18/07 09:09 AM
Sweetd

Thanks K2! So far, I've tried the California rolls and Boston rolls. I did't like the California roll because I don't like avacados. Boston rolls are my new favorite because I love seafood! I'm so glad to hear its safe!

--------------------

Re: Let's celebrate -sushi! new
      #318993 - 11/18/07 11:49 AM

Unregistered

Sushi has been my FAVORITE dish since a couple of years ago, and I noticed back then that it's soothing to my tummy, so I decided to keep eating it since starting on Heather's diet. I only eliminated the soy sauce and eat it instead with no fat mayonaise. I'm still trying to figure out how to make my own orange dressing they use, and then I'll be in heaven! I know they use mayo and fish eggs. I'm going to get the guts up and ask at my local sushi place for the recipe and try to make it with safe ingredients. Isn't it great to know we can eat something we love?!!

Re: Let's celebrate -sushi! new
      #318994 - 11/18/07 11:55 AM
Sweetd

It really is nice to be able to eat something I want and love for once! Since I've givien up almost everything I love due to my stomach issues! So I'll celebrate sushi too!

--------------------

Re: sushi! Question for K2 new
      #319311 - 11/21/07 03:41 PM
grand sirenis

Reged: 03/13/07

Hey Kat,

you offered some words of caution for eating "fast-food" sushi, just wondering if you have had bad experiences yourself or if you just avoid them all together b/c of the preservatives and HFCS

and I was reading another post started by Minnie where you offered to forward information about what you have done in the past few months to improve your IBS and overall health. I was wondering if you would be willing to email me at johnadams.hbs@gmail.com. I would really appreciate any insights that you have, as your post have always been really helpful to me in the past year.

Re: sushi! Question for K2 new
      #319346 - 11/22/07 09:04 AM
K2

I've had a few times where I didn't feel great after eating the fast-food sushi. It was just california rolls so no raw meat or anything that could have caused problems. It didn't cause an attack but I would highly recommend staying away from the ones containing extra ingredients like HFCS.

--------------------
Kat

Re: sushi! no cucs for me new
      #319422 - 11/25/07 05:38 PM
Cast_Away

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Orlando, Florida

I LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi. I even got my angel of a husband to indulge my new found food. We have one that has sweet potatoes inside!! WHO KNEW ALL THOSE THINGS TASTED GOOD TOGETHER!

Anyway, I have trouble with both the avacado and the cucumbers. They both give me wicked reflux... Now I just get my veggies from the edamame. This too is nature's little present to me. Yum Yum!

Virtual hugs...

LJ

--------------------
IBS-D, with Coloitis from surgery

Re: sushi! and HFCS/additives new
      #319423 - 11/25/07 05:41 PM
Cast_Away

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Orlando, Florida

I forgot to tell you, some of the fake crab sticks have ASPARTAME in them. It's not much, but if you're real sensitive to those like me, it's enough to make you real sick. I noticed at the supermarket the only brand I can buy is CrabSmart sticks.

Food for thought...

Virtual hugs.

LJ

--------------------
IBS-D, with Coloitis from surgery

Re: sushi! and HFCS/additives new
      #319456 - 11/26/07 10:52 AM
K2

Yep fake crab has lots of crap in it lol. It contains MSG too. I tend not to get ones with crab as much anymore. I get mostly single-ingredient ones like avocado, cucumber, salmon, tuna etc... Some restaurants I've asked to see the crab they use and it's ok, so I'll get the California rolls from there.

Now REAL crab is tasty! I've had it once in sushi, and have had real crab that I made at home. So good and super safe!

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10381 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5764

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review