All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Let's celebrate -sushi! new
      #318994 - 11/18/07 11:55 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

It really is nice to be able to eat something I want and love for once! Since I've givien up almost everything I love due to my stomach issues! So I'll celebrate sushi too!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sushi! Question for K2 new
      #319311 - 11/21/07 03:41 PM
grand sirenis

Reged: 03/13/07

Hey Kat,

you offered some words of caution for eating "fast-food" sushi, just wondering if you have had bad experiences yourself or if you just avoid them all together b/c of the preservatives and HFCS

and I was reading another post started by Minnie where you offered to forward information about what you have done in the past few months to improve your IBS and overall health. I was wondering if you would be willing to email me at johnadams.hbs@gmail.com. I would really appreciate any insights that you have, as your post have always been really helpful to me in the past year.

Re: sushi! Question for K2 new
      #319346 - 11/22/07 09:04 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I've had a few times where I didn't feel great after eating the fast-food sushi. It was just california rolls so no raw meat or anything that could have caused problems. It didn't cause an attack but I would highly recommend staying away from the ones containing extra ingredients like HFCS.

--------------------
Kat

Re: sushi! no cucs for me new
      #319422 - 11/25/07 05:38 PM
Cast_Away

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Orlando, Florida

I LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi. I even got my angel of a husband to indulge my new found food. We have one that has sweet potatoes inside!! WHO KNEW ALL THOSE THINGS TASTED GOOD TOGETHER!

Anyway, I have trouble with both the avacado and the cucumbers. They both give me wicked reflux... Now I just get my veggies from the edamame. This too is nature's little present to me. Yum Yum!

Virtual hugs...

LJ

--------------------
IBS-D, with Coloitis from surgery

Re: sushi! and HFCS/additives new
      #319423 - 11/25/07 05:41 PM
Cast_Away

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Orlando, Florida

I forgot to tell you, some of the fake crab sticks have ASPARTAME in them. It's not much, but if you're real sensitive to those like me, it's enough to make you real sick. I noticed at the supermarket the only brand I can buy is CrabSmart sticks.

Food for thought...

Virtual hugs.

LJ

--------------------
IBS-D, with Coloitis from surgery

Re: sushi! and HFCS/additives new
      #319456 - 11/26/07 10:52 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Yep fake crab has lots of crap in it lol. It contains MSG too. I tend not to get ones with crab as much anymore. I get mostly single-ingredient ones like avocado, cucumber, salmon, tuna etc... Some restaurants I've asked to see the crab they use and it's ok, so I'll get the California rolls from there.

Now REAL crab is tasty! I've had it once in sushi, and have had real crab that I made at home. So good and super safe!

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2919 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5995

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review