All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
wheat free/gluten free information
      #31881 - 12/15/03 06:48 AM
katgirl

Reged: 10/31/03

Does anyone know of any good books/websites/information about wheat-free/gluten-free foods...I don't particularly want recipes as I can't make food here, I'm just after a comprehensive list of all wheat-free/gluten-free food...I have a basic list ie. breads, pasta etc, but for instance potatoes...some are ok like bolied, but what about sauteed etc? Tyring to get used to this and its extremely difficult! x

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: wheat free/gluten free information new
      #31897 - 12/15/03 08:25 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

This page is pretty helpful, click on the safe foods list towards the bottom.
http://www.celiac.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?p_catid=12 A lot depends on whether or not you can have any gluten. Gluten is in so many things, it is extremelly limiting if you can't have any as it's in so many prepared foods. Usually if you're just intolerant to wheat (versus gluten allergy), you can have gluten. Check out the hidden gluten that's also posted on that site if that is a problem.

Re: wheat free/gluten free information new
      #31908 - 12/15/03 10:31 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Check out this site www.glutenfreemall.com you can get things you can just add hot water to. Also check out this website for whaet free gluten free waffles, there IBS safe and you can click for local places that sell them. www.wheatstone.com or www.orowest.com.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1050 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 614

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review