All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
z pack over new
      #319436 - 11/26/07 05:36 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

So...not D! Nothing! I am a little C the past few days, but even that hasn't bothered me too much. I'm so glad the z pack didn't kill me. especially with thanksgiving!
As for the endo, I go to the doctor on Wednesday to talk about my options..so wish me luck:)

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

endo issue new
      #319437 - 11/26/07 06:49 AM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

Good luck. Unfortunately during all this, talking to you about endo, my body must have heard it and is acting in revenge. The seasonique I was on before, did not work. I started my period a week early and was miserable all last week and not looking forward to this week (when the pills give me the period). I talked to my dr back home and she is putting me back on another course of Lupron -- which means I will be 22/23 and putting myself through menopause again! Oi Vey but if it helps the pain, It is worth it... I have been taking 500 mg Naproxen twice a day and extra strength tynelol every 6 hours!!! good luck I hope you have better luck than I did.

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

BD & Doc appt & Question new
      #319618 - 11/28/07 05:12 AM
Aly

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds like people have some serious issues with endo. I'm so sorry. I wish you all the best as I'm 24 and cannot imagine how hard this must be for you.
I'm going to the doc this afternoon to see if he believes it is endo and see what he wants to do to treat it. The nurse practitioner believes I have endo, but I haven't spoken to my doc yet. I'm a bit nervous, but very anxious to get in there and see what he says.
Question: I know laproscopy is the only real diagnosis, but are there any tests he might want to do like an ultrasound or anything that can predict or make him suspect endo?

Thanks

--------------------
IBS-A

Update new
      #319882 - 12/01/07 06:17 PM
bdcanfield

How was the doctor's appointment? I hope it went well. Best of luck. Take care - hang in there.

--------------------

Re: Update new
      #319883 - 12/01/07 07:22 PM
Aly

Hi! Thanks so much for asking. Well, the doc was great. He says he is thinking there is a strong possibility of it just being really bad periods. Before he does any surgery, he wants to try some other stuff. I start a new BC pill tomorrow (he said since i've been on the same one forever, my body might be too used to it). And I'll take naproxen 3 days before my period and through it... He wants to see how one period goes and then re-evaluate. He said if after 2 periods it's still this bad, we'll get more serious b/c he doesn't want me to be in pain. Nice guy!!! (although the thought of 2 more periods like that doesn't sound fun). Also, I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 19th to double check everything is A-OK!
How are you feeling?

--------------------
IBS-A

#319885 - 12/01/07 10:00 PM
bdcanfield

I am glad to hear he was pushing surgery right away. I did the ultrasound and it turned out I had an inverted uterus so they had to do an internal instead of an external -- they found the two fibroid tumors during that.

As for now --- My 2 week straight period has finally let up, this is the first day I have not had to take naproxen twice a day, etc. I am actually starting the next dose of Lupron on Tuesday. Hopefully by the time I finish my papers, etc the Lupron side effects (menopause) will just be starting. I told my professor and he really didn't what to say except, I am sorry. My IBS has been kicking in lately but what else is new. I am hanging in there and doing alright. Thanks for asking.

I really hope you do not have ENDO. Believe me, 1 incurable condition is enough!!

Take care

--------------------

#319911 - 12/02/07 02:55 PM
Aly

Goodness... sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I just finished grad school and am SO glad to be done. The stress associated with papers and exams is like just asking for a belly ache. And with you dealing with endo on top of it all, that just sucks!!
So yes, I am glad my doc isn't wanting to do surgery right away. I REALLY hope it isn't endo and just bad periods, but every symptom of endo I have. So...I won't be surprised if it does come to that down the road. I had an ultrasound a few years ago and I too have an inverted uterus. I asked on these boards about it a few years ago and LOTS of the women here have that. Crazy...wonder if it's all connected somehow?
So this new Lupron you're going to try...it puts you into early menopause? I'm so sorry to hear that, as that must be incredibly difficult. My husband and I don't want to get pregnant for a good few years, but that was a lot of the convo with my doc. I don't want to be suddenly dealing with infertility issues in 5 years from now.. blah.
Hang in there and good luck with everything! Keep me posted!

--------------------
IBS-A

#319914 - 12/02/07 06:34 PM
bdcanfield

Thanks for caring. Just to let you know, Endo is a major cause of infertility, however not everyone who has endo is infertile, and not everyone that is infertile has endo... but they can be related... I have been told that my chances of having a children are extremely scarce and if I do get pregnant, it could be etopic (grows outside of the uterus) usually in the tubes -- this condition can be fatal to me and the baby as well. So, therefore my outlook is not good for a natural family -- But everything happens for a reason and I am sure yours will be a better case.

I have extremely severe endo as my doc said after the laproscope -- I have endometeriosis implants or active endo everywhere!!!

So, sweety hang in there... if I can do it, so can you.

Always remember if you are not sure you can't handle something always ask God for help.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4395 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10709

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review