All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Belly compression
      #318558 - 11/13/07 08:27 PM
pts79

Reged: 10/31/06
Loc: Oklahoma

I have lots of trouble with gas and bloating. This particular time has lasted for over a week. It seems the only relief I can get is by lying on the floor on my stomach and kind of rocking back and forth for a while. My belly is so distended and so uncomfortable. I'm trying the break the cycle diet, but not doing too great with it, but will continue to try to do better. In the meantime I'm wondering if I got some kind of compression garment or belt type thing (like what people use who lift heavy things at work) if that would work. Anybody tried anything like that?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Belly compression new
      #318562 - 11/13/07 08:51 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

never tried yet I know so many people post that wearing tight things makes the gas/bloat worse. I did hear about something called a "liposuction in a box" on Oprah that supposedly sucks in your "prego-looking" belly when you wear tight fitting shirts! I hear your aggravation...my belly is the same way.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#318567 - 11/14/07 03:00 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I always find holding my knees to my chest and rocking helps. Tight things around the waist only make it worse for me.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#318583 - 11/14/07 07:32 AM
pts79

I know, tight things usually bother me too. I work out of my home (thank God), so during times like these I even have to take off my underwear and just wear some loose fitting sweats. But, since laying on the floor on my stomach seems to help I just thought maybe something that was tight all over and maybe not just in the waistband like underwear would be might be different. Some relief would just be really nice!

#318614 - 11/14/07 10:56 AM
MonkeyDog

Reged: 01/06/05

I can kind of relate to what you are saying. I find that certain jeans seem to feel tight right around the waistline but a little too loose lower down. When I change into my workout shorts, which are kind of like bicycle/compression shorts, my entire middle feels a bit better - no tightness around the waist, but an overall compressed, supported feeling, if that makes any sense? Maybe just try some compression/workout shorts, or the compression undies from Spanx or Lipo in a Box. Not too expensive, and I don't think it's going to hurt you.

--------------------
IBS-C

#318624 - 11/14/07 11:47 AM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

Have you tried doing the yoga pose for relieving wind? It's on this website somewhere. Honestly for me it was a godsend when I tried that. it almost always helps me to relieve at least SOME of the pressure. It never gets rid of all of it but it definitely helps me feel less bloated and less gassy. Sometimes if I do it long enough it even brings about a BM. I find that wearing abelt during the times I have gas makes me be in so much pain. I make sure to wer my loose jeans on those days!

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

#318630 - 11/14/07 12:39 PM
pts79

Exactly! Tighter around the waist part is miserable, but I think an overall compression like the tight workout shorts might be good. Great idea, thanks! Also, thanks to the poster above who mentioned the yoga thing. No, I haven't tried it and I don't know why! I'm going there today and reading about it, so I will definitely give it a try, as well! Thanks!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2842

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review