All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: plain IBS versus specific problems -long new
      #319047 - 11/19/07 07:01 AM
livingsam

Reged: 05/01/07

i dont post often, but i read a lot of what goes on here. i am an ibs-c. i would love to be included in the info! here is my email if you have the time: livingsamantha@gmail.com

thanks!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: update new
      #319056 - 11/19/07 07:55 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

We should not underestimate our body's natural reaction to change in our deciphering our own conditions. The body naturally seems to feel better when we change our diet. I don't know how this can be used to stay stable but I do know it is really important to remember when doing trials and eliminations

Are you saying that you think some of us may be eliminating foods unnessessarily, LM? That the intitial "relief" if there is one, may give us a false conclusion and that means it would not be beneficial to eliminate the foods in the long run?

How do we know when it is a true intolerance, and not just a short lived reprieve?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Take your time, K2 new
      #319064 - 11/19/07 08:30 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

We all appreciate you doing this for us! I would want all the info I could get to fine tune this demon.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: update new
      #319118 - 11/19/07 04:37 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

What I mean is that it is important to try to test yourself for intolerance several times knowing that the body responds to change usually well for a time. So to be really sure you are intolerant of something try a test at the doctor a few times, a few eliminations and a few glutting of the product (lots on an empty stomach I mean). Because I think it is really hard to be sure!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: um new
      #319121 - 11/19/07 04:43 PM
Little Minnie

I understand what you mean. There are one or two things I don't completely agree with. I still cannot recommend the break the cycle diet to a Cer.
I am looking forward to your tips!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

leftovers new
      #319122 - 11/19/07 04:49 PM
Little Minnie

That is really interesting. I have heard my mom have particulars like that. For instance she doesn't do well with crock pots or gas grills. I always have leftovers on Tuesday and Thursday (can't cook those nights) and sometimes for lunch. I hadn't noticed anything relating to that but I will look back in my journal.

I do make my meatloaf with turkey. I never eat red meat anymore and not just for health reasons. I have decided I would be a vegetarian if not married.

--------------------

Re: leftovers new
      #319127 - 11/19/07 06:09 PM

Unregistered

I want to clarify that REWARMING leftovers and overnight cooking in crockpot causes mayhem in my tummy. I'm Sabbath observant, & the tradition is to make a meat dish consisting of meat (in my case turkey or chicken), beans, barley and potatoesand any vegetable to ones liking. This starts cooking Friday afternoon and goes all night till lunchtime. This dish is a killer for me even if I only eat the vegies and turkey. I don't think that if I eat cold leftovers I would have a problem. But I do try to eat fresh.
I always thought vegetarians stayed clear of all animal food. I guess I'm vegetarian now too and not married.
Hope this helps you.
Today i had a good day, had sushi for dinner and got a bout of gassy and touch of D with a little pain. Maybe I ate too fast. I was starving. oy. How nice it would be when I finally nail this sucker!

#319172 - 11/20/07 06:54 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Sarah,

I am well aware of tradition my step sister followed a Kosher diet for a few years. Her BF father was a Rabbi. But just a suggestion maybe you could take Gas stop or beano before eating. It might help with the barley and beans. I miss eating a mushroom barley soup but maybe once I get stable I will be able to try that again.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#319182 - 11/20/07 07:41 AM

Unregistered

thanks auntdeb, I used to take beano and forgot about it. For now, i'd rather stay away from the "cholent" Sabbath dish, until i feel more secure and stable. But I'll keep it in mind. I forgot where I bought the beano? Any idea who sells it?

Re: Beano new
      #319196 - 11/20/07 09:34 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Actually, Sarah you can buy anywhere now. CVS, Riteaid, Grocery stores. The girls on here say gas stop is better or stronger. I have it but havent had to take since acadia has helped that area. But I got it at my local health food store. But I am sure whole foods has it.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1081 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15238

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review