All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi I'm new
      #318290 - 11/09/07 06:19 PM
Paula J

Reged: 11/05/07

I just thought I'd introduce myself . My name is Paula and I have my first appointment with a GI next week . I've always had some tummy trouble mostly stress related but never have I had a flare up this tough . I had a horrible time of stress a few months ago that just kept getting worse . I wasn't eating properly , just drinking lots of coffee and eating dinner . Soon after the IBS D started . I've had a few good days here and there . My primary DR. said IBS and gave me a RX for an antispasmotic . It helps with the spasms if I take it consistently . It seems I'm mostly D but then I'll switch to firm but thin Bms and have that not quite done feeling .I have just started taking Heathers tummy fiber and I have the peppermint and fennel tea.I also have Eating for IBS and I'm already starting to make changes in my diet.
I think the worst part of all this is nobody seems to understand . My husband defintely doesn't understand and it seems having IBS is a very lonely place to be .
I've been reading through the posts and have been feeling better since I see there are others going through the same thing .I look forward to reading everyones post and getting to know all of you better .
Paula

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi I'm new new
      #318292 - 11/09/07 08:03 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

Hi paula! welcome to the boards, I hope you start feeling better soon, and we all feel a little isolated because of ibs and the reactions that other people can have to our conditon, don't be lonely though, we are all here to support each other, and in this together!

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#318306 - 11/10/07 05:50 AM
Paula J

Reged: 11/05/07

Hi Dizzy ,
Thanks for the welcome . I hope I start to feel better soon too. This takes its toll on everyone close to you .
I've been trying to stay calm and stress free but my upcoming GI appointment has me in knots .
Paula

Welcome! new
      #318315 - 11/10/07 10:58 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You're definitely not alone. It can be tough to get an accurate Dx of IBS. Make sure your doc goes through all of the proper testing with you to rule out all other possible conditions. In the meantime, try the break the Cycle diet, if you haven't already. I hope you start feeling better soon.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#318351 - 11/11/07 01:13 PM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Your experience sounds similar to mine except the internist did not say IBS but did prescribe antispasmotics. Sorry to hear your hubby doesn't understand. He will come around. I have been on Heather's diet for 3 months, using the Acacia and the teas. My husband is so impressed with my improvement that he now fully understands when I eat totally different from him or when I don't want to go to a Mexican restaurant. Last weekend he got a pizza while I dined on tuna/pasta salad made very safely. Hang in there. You are NOT alone.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#318352 - 11/11/07 01:17 PM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I can sooo relate. I had to stop twice on the way the GI's office for the first visit (just to use the restroom). I was a basket case. He turned out to be very nice. Not much of an expert on IBS but very personable. You have to have the diagnostic tests to rule out other disorders so just try to relax and get through them. Ask questions on the board if you have them. My GI doesn't really treat IBS except with Metamucil and probiotics (which isn't bad but not as good as Heather's diet and Acacia), but I sure was relieved to get a diagnosis and even a lovely color picture of my spastic colon.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1251 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1269

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review