Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Probiotic suggestions
      #318212 - 11/08/07 08:53 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had positive experience with a probiotic that they could share. I tried Bio-K Plus Soy yogurt for 3 months, and although it seemed to help my D a bit, it certainly didn't help my gas and bloating, and may have actually made it worse (I'm still up in the air about how soy affects me). But I know people have gotten some relief from probiotics, so I want to try them again. Any suggestions for those with IBS-D and/or that help gas and bloating would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!!!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Probiotic suggestions new
      #318213 - 11/08/07 08:59 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I just started an adult formula one from Renew life to soon to tell.Actually since I started the Arcadia that has been really helping me. If you do a search on the forums. You will see a recent one from tinkerbelle and she started to take the "critical care" from this company and is having great results.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#318252 - 11/09/07 05:59 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I finished one month on Renew Life ultimate flora. I have had no results at all and have been worse lately (not from the probiotic but it isn't helping). I was told these can be slow to work if you were way out of balance, so I am doing one more month starting today.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#318253 - 11/09/07 07:21 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Minnie,

I believe in Tinkerbelle post she had taken it for 3 months and it had just started to help. My health food store said it can take a few months to regulate the good the bacteria. I havent taken mine yet.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 826 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 860

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review