All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Menstruation, lack of sleep and IBS new
      #370 - 02/03/03 09:48 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

I started on birth control (Mircette) last June. my IBS has continually gotten worse since then, but I've had a lot of other factors that have increased my stress level, and my symptoms have seemed to have gotten worse progressively for the last 4 years. currently i'm getting tested to rule out anything else. Anyway, when I started on the IBS diet things started to get better (late November).

Mircette is a rather mild BC pill. I've heard more bad than good about Orho-Tricyclen, though. None of my friends who started on it are still on it... it really messed with them (they are not IBS sufferers, but i think it's a stronger pill/ higher dose and causes more/ stronger side affects such as weight gain and moodiness, etc) I'd talk to your doctor to see if you should start out on something more mild than Ortho-Tricyclen, and work up to that if you need to.

good luck!

Beth

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Menstruation, lack of sleep and IBS new
      #377 - 02/04/03 09:44 AM
Claire

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Paris, France

Hi Kinoz
Good luck with the babymaking! As somebody who has had irregular periods for years and who thought she wasn't ovulating, I was overjoyed to discover that I was pregnat last year. Though the IBS was a bit wobbly during the pregnancy, since I stopped breastfeeding and my hormones seem to have settled down, things are getting better. However, I put a lot of the improvement down to Heather's diet too.
I just wanted to ask you what contraceptive you used as, having just got my baby to go through the night, I'm not ready to think about falling pregnant again!
Well, must go, it's bathtime!
Claire

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5377 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7360

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review