All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: fructose malabsorption diet new
      #318060 - 11/06/07 09:47 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Mushrooms have a mix of IF and SF, so if eaten carefully with a good SF base, they should be fine. Shiitakes and creminis are especially good for you, and I've found cooking with creminis give the dish a meatier flavor, which is nice.

Yep, avocado is high in fat -- how do you usually eat it? I usually have 1/8 - 1/4 of an avocado in a sandwich or taco without any problems.

I think both of these foods are important to include in your diet, if you can do so safely.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#318062 - 11/06/07 09:52 AM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

"Mushrooms have a mix of IF and SF, so if eaten carefully with a good SF base, they should be fine. Shiitakes and creminis are especially good for you, and I've found cooking with creminis give the dish a meatier flavor, which is nice."
so sauteeying (sp?) mushrooms in some pam and serving it over white rice should be good. right?

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#318064 - 11/06/07 10:03 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yes, I've never had a problem with them, and rice is a good, bland base. Usually, I cook my mushrooms in some fat free or low-fat vegetable broth -- it gives them some extra flavor. I've also cooked shiitakes in a teriyaki sauce (recipe from the index), but I'm not sure if the ingredients in the sauce are things you're currently avoiding due to fructose malabsorption.

Thank you for the articles...they helped n/t new
      #318076 - 11/06/07 01:06 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#318093 - 11/06/07 02:35 PM
Pud

what veggies are ok? i see info about fruits... but i seem to be missing info about veggies... which veggies are OK?

--------------------
Pud
Long Island

Re: Things you can eat new
      #318113 - 11/06/07 07:04 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

You're right that list seems so restrictive. For people with fructose malabsorbtion or intolerance, what are the usual symptoms? I have my IBS pretty much under control...it's the gas/bloat that I'm still "cause" searching!

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

peanuts? new
      #318226 - 11/08/07 10:57 AM
Pud

are peanuts safe?

--------------------
Pud
Long Island

how do you subdue the urge to eat something yummy on the fructose malabsorption diet?? new
      #318229 - 11/08/07 12:46 PM
Pud

I am surrounded by food all day long. I have been giving candy out to my patients basically all day looooong. What can be eaten in place of a snickers bar? I am dying for some chocolate!!

--------------------
Pud
Long Island

Re: how do you subdue the urge to eat something yummy on the fructose malabsorption diet?? new
      #318230 - 11/08/07 12:49 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

That's when you have to steel yourself and remember that the Snickers will make you sick. I'm not familiar with the fructose malabsorption diet, but think of what a Snickers bar is - it sure isn't *food* - it's sugar and bad fats and junk. Remember that what you're choosing to put into your body is *good* for your body, feeds your body and gives it what it needs. A Snickers may feel good in your mouth, but that's nothing compared to the damage it does everywhere else. Eventually you'll get in the mindset of this, and food that does good things to your body will be delicious, and food that's bad for you won't. It takes time, but keep your goals in mind. Take a few deep breaths, and remember what you really want, which is to not be sick. I bet you want that more than chocolate. And if not, if really truly not? Then you make the choice.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

did anyone get D from switching to the fructose malabsorption diet? new
      #318241 - 11/08/07 06:34 PM
Pud

ive been following the diet as closely as i know how since monday and the past 2 or 3 days i've had 3... today no gas... but D.... any idea whats going on?

--------------------
Pud
Long Island

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1621 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 63584

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review