All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: STAYING POSITIVE new
      #317780 - 11/01/07 03:49 PM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

Wow....It is great to have such support! I know that IBS has given me many gifts. When I get attacks like I had for the past 3 weeks it is difficult to realize the gifts. When I am more stable the fog is lifted and I swear the sun shines a little brighter....even on cloudy days. I know for sure I have no temptation to eat what I once ate because I just want to feel like I once did. I think that this website has given me the tools to survive and dwell on the positive though I would love to see it go under one day when a cure is found (I still hope). I will take a lot of the advice you guys gave me and put it into practice. Thanks for all of you kind replies. Take care Andrew

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Friend in Philly new
      #317781 - 11/01/07 03:52 PM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

I don't have a lot of time to type but I would love to double date. I live in Center City so if you want to come into the city and meet up let me know. We could also come out to the suburbs if you feel more comfortable with that. Take care and thanks for your reply, Andrew

Re: Friend in Philly new
      #317783 - 11/01/07 04:12 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hey Andrew,

Give me a ring over the weekend or whenever.. 215-913-0550 This is my cell..or my email is dhelmus@verizon.net I just told my hubby (scott) and he was happy that I actually have someone in philly that I could talk with about my IBS pains and the diet.

Debbi

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Re: STAYING POSITIVE-TO ALICIA new
      #317790 - 11/01/07 06:22 PM

Unregistered

Alicia, God bless you. You are so right. Thank you for taking the time to speak to me. I will do everything in my power to look inward and forward. To a stronger me and a better future with kinder, more understanding people in my life. And hopefully, I will forget the doctors who told me it's in my head and the employer who had a dedicated employee in me for 8 years through thick and thin and then treated me like yesterdays leftovers. Thank you for reminding me of who I am and that this is what it's all about.
Wishing you and all on this site endless amount of days free of symptoms of IBS!
hugs,
Sarah

Re: STAYING POSITIVE-TO SARAHT new
      #317792 - 11/01/07 07:05 PM
ms.mindful

Reged: 10/17/06

You go girlfriend! I love the way you're talking. Don't allow anyone or anything take your magic away...even IBS!
You are courageous and you are totally shining in your last post.

And, yes...I will definitely take you up on your well wishes

Hugs,
Alicia

#317795 - 11/01/07 07:13 PM
ms.mindful

Reged: 10/17/06

Andrew, you are more than a survivor, you are a wise warrior!
And I'm totally with you on wanting a cure someday but till then keep making the most of every beat of your heart.

By the way, I have a hunch you already are a fabulous father! Here's to more of that fog clearing so you can feel the sun shining upon you.

Take good care,
Alicia

Re: STAYING POSITIVE-TO SARAHT new
      #317809 - 11/02/07 07:43 AM

Unregistered

Alicia, I'm smiling. Have a wonderful weekend.

Question for Aunt Debs318 new
      #319055 - 11/19/07 07:53 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I see that you have ibs and acid reflux. My doctor put me on Aciphex last month for ibsd because whenever I got nervous my stomach would really act up and I had to run to the br. I don't know if that was your problem as well or if it was more so your acid reflux. Any how, my question for you is, did your doctor put you on meds. (is that what AD is)? If so was it for too much stomach acid due to your ibs or are you on meds. for your acid reflux only? If so, did it help? What stabelized your ibs that you were able to go back to work? I feel like I should be home everyday because mine has gotten so bad, that I can hardly function at work because I'm always running for the br and the new meds. help just a little bit. I have to do something about this. I'm going back on Acacia, so I think that will help. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#319068 - 11/19/07 08:47 AM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

Andrew...how did your IBS start? Were you feeling anxious/stressed? YOu might have an anxiety disorder that either caused the ibs or is a direct result of it....have you ever thought of taking a low dose benzodiazapine type drug like xanax or klonopin OR even an ssri drug(low dose) like prozac? These drugs are suppose to help ibs...ie pain and anxiety/depression that is associated with it....

Re: Question for Aunt Debs318 new
      #319075 - 11/19/07 09:00 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hi! Sweet

Well first of all it only took the 3rd gastro I saw this year to get me on prilosec. The 2nd one gave an endoscopy and saw a small inflamation in my stomach lining gave me achiphex but I had severe abdominal pain, yellow loose stools and a headache. So they stopped that and gave me nothing else no follow up appt?I swear it was like a factory in there. so then when I tried to get off the zoloft(hubby and why want to have a baby!) is when my heartburn flared and i couldnt get it under control. They said the zoloft helped anxiety which is what makes more stomach acid. So after making it to the ER w/mom for chest pains and doing EKG ect the doc said I should try a PPI. He gave me mylanta and told me to take pepcid until finding another gastro. Then I did some research and found a female GI whom specializes in IBS. She gave me 40mg of nexium at first and said that helps normalize stomach acid which is produced higher in woman with IBS and nervous stomach. I am NOW back on zoloft which why it is helping plus prilosec 20 mg since nexium gave me side effects too. Now I am taking 20mg appose to 40mg which is why she thought it was giving me issues. Thanks to heathers diet the last 2months and acadia I started to feel better. I am not nearly close to being stabilized..LOL but able to function ALOT better. I lived on gas ex and tums. But some days i might just take 1 or 2 gas ex depending on what I have ate. Still working out the quirks. Good luck.. So yes, I have been told by primary and GI that PPI help with a nervous stomach. Hope this helps..But I think the zoloft also helps control the anxiety which goes to show when I was almost off my stomach freaked out. The ER doc said it needs that to calm your GI down.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2847 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5662

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review