All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
So Excited found an Organic cake mix and Icing!!
      #317666 - 10/30/07 11:11 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hey guys,I WAS feeling kinda blue since I cant eat candy or chocolate and there plenty of sweets here for Halloween at work today. SO at lunch I went over to my health food store. They are the nicest and helpful people!! All I wanted was a cupcake this morning that a co worker made with her kids last night.. But I am going home and making my own!!
So I wanted to share with you guys what I found. Dr.Oetker Organics makes a Vanilla or chocolate cake mix and vanilla icing with NO DAIRY!! You add the eggs and milk and oil. So I can work with that and change to egg whites and almond milk and cut some of the oil or add apple sauce. So if your having a sweet tooth too and you want to make something quick look for this company. They also have cookie mix. Im' sure whole foods carries something like this.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So Excited found an Organic cake mix and Icing!! new
      #317667 - 10/30/07 11:19 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I found this at my local grocery store and tried it out. Did the vanilla cake mix seem a little dense to you? Although, it was still tasty and a store-bought cake mix that didn't make me sick!

#317671 - 10/30/07 12:51 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

There is a brand called cherrybrook kitchen that makes fudge brownies, chocolate chip muffins, cake mixes and more and they are all dairy free. They are fantastic!!!

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#317675 - 10/30/07 01:23 PM
auntdebs318

Brownies, muffins wow that sounds yummy!! Thanks for the tips Abby. Where can you get them from?

--------------------

#317686 - 10/30/07 04:55 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

I buy them at the health food store, but they do have a website that you can order off of.

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#317702 - 10/31/07 06:09 AM
auntdebs318

I made the cup cakes last night and they were yummy!! The icing was great and smooth. I think I had a few to many extra tastes..LOL Cause I was a little gassy last night. But it was worth it.. My husband loved them he ate 3 LOL I also made the pumpkin spice bread from EFI to bring to work today.

--------------------

#317861 - 11/02/07 09:13 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I'm glad you enjoyed your baked goodies!

Most Duncan Hines cake mixes are safe, too. I've had the Devil's Food cake quite a lot, as well as the yellow. That would save you a little money if you don't mind going non-organic. It's perfectly safe if you make sure the variety you're getting is dairy-free and substitute the added ingredients.

My favorite safe brownies are No Pudge original brownies (available at HFS & in most large grocery stores). You just add one container of soy yogurt and bake. YUM!

You should also check out the recipe for Chocolate Cake for One in the recipe index. It is heavenly and so easy! I use the Duncan Hines cake mix for that, too.

Of course, these things are really only "safe" when eaten in moderation and after a safe meal.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 780 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1321

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review