All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
question for anyone taking Acacia!!
      #317191 - 10/23/07 11:55 AM
haleym

Reged: 10/07/07

I have been taking Acacia for a week or so now....and it seems to be helping but i have a rash from my hips to the top of my knees on the front of my legs.....
i also started taking a new birth control around the same time so I dont know if it is the fiber or the BC. I dont want to stop either but I was just wondering before I call my gyno if anyone has had or heard of anyone having this kind of reaction to the fiber? I took benefiber last night and this morning to see if theres any change, none so far but i did have acacia yesterday morning so just 24hrs ago..
anyone have any advice? Ill swtich my BC if thats it, i just dont know which one it is.......

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question for anyone taking Acacia!! new
      #317205 - 10/23/07 01:45 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I get rash on my face from Acacia, but I thought it was pretty rare since I am sensitive to any supplement. Try magnesium and switch to another BC pill.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: question for anyone taking Acacia!! new
      #317206 - 10/23/07 01:51 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I would go off the acacia and see if you get better. It may take awhile to see results so give it some time.
For now, however, stay on the same BC to see the results from acacia. Since you just started on this BC I think it would be too much of a change for your body having to adjust to yet another pill. But, of course, that might be what you have to do...

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 868

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review