All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS attacks from stress
      #317035 - 10/19/07 03:01 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I just found out from an orthopedist that I will need 2 knee surgeries, one after another. 1-recovery 3 weeks, following by 2nd-3 months recovery (broken cartelidge and torn ACL-ligament) As soon as I found out I had an IBS attack at the office. I was trying to take a deep breath and not to think about it. Doing better but still weak and achy.

Just thought I'd share.

10-23-07

I am having an IBS attack from reading a sad book that made me cry. How ridiculous is that?

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Edited by TATYANA (10/23/07 03:12 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS attacks from stress new
      #317036 - 10/19/07 03:07 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Sorry about your knee surgeries. Hopefully everything will go well!

Yeah I know what you mean about the stress attacks. Sometimes I get an attack even when something makes me upset and is not necessarily stressful (once I got an attack after I didn't like a haircut).

When is your first surgery?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#317042 - 10/19/07 04:30 PM
TATYANA

Thanks, Zara. Your current haircut looks great!

I haven't set the surgery date yet. I am meeting a surgeon in 2 weeks.

--------------------

#317056 - 10/19/07 07:55 PM
Zara

Thanks, actually my hair is a bit shorter now so I'm trying to grow it out again.

You must be going through a lot of stress now (I know I would be stress if I had to have a surgery). I hope your IBS won't get worse to complicate things. You seemed to be well the other day so hopefully your digestion will get back on track soon

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#317063 - 10/20/07 05:11 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

I'm sorry to hear about your knee surgery? How come? Are you in lots of pain? Hope it goes well. Would it be worth you taking some medication or using alternative therapy in the mean time to cope with the stress? xxx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#317079 - 10/20/07 10:12 AM
TATYANA

Thank you, Zara. You are so kind!

--------------------

#317080 - 10/20/07 10:16 AM
TATYANA

I am not in a lot of pain today but the other day I couldn't walk. I fractured my knee last year and just yesterday I was told that I have a torn ACL ligament (surgery needed, possibly will need to replace it with a ligament from my thigh-3 months recovery) and a broken cartilage (another surgery needed). I cannot even do yoga now to calm me down because of my knee. All I can do now is breath and distract myself with other things like movies and hobbies that don't require walking. Thanks.

--------------------

#317082 - 10/20/07 11:02 AM
Zara

Thanks Tatyana, this is least I can do!
I'm surprised that they haven't diagnosed you earlier since you fractured your knee a year ago! You must have spent that year in pain, on top of IBS!
Like you said, movies, reading, maybe crafts if you're into that sort of thing, or perhaps taking a fun class to keep your mind occupied?
Since you can't do yoga maybe you could try hypnotherapy, lots of people swear by it. I tried it but never really committed to listening to it every day. Maybe I should try it again

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#317095 - 10/20/07 03:35 PM
TATYANA

Thanks for the tips, Zara. My knee has been hurting since last year and after physical therapy it's gotten much worse. I think it did more damage because I had to do lots of exercises to get my leg stronger. I am also mad that no one told me that I had tears and I had to go through pains every day. It feels good that someone confirms my thinking. I am meeting a surgeon for a 2nd opinion in 2 weeks. I am not looking forward to surgeries and the thought of it freaks me out because I know how long it will take me to recover. But, at least I went through it last year and it's not new to me, not being able to walk. I am dreading the thought of crutches, showering on 1 leg and going down/up the stairs on the crutches. But, I am going to be ok. It just takes time. I have to get through that process.

Thanks so much.
Tatyana.

--------------------

#317133 - 10/22/07 04:53 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

Tatyana: Stress is my number one problem. I spent all last week in pain due to a death of a coworker and the resulting stress. It was real bad Friday and I just had to sit back, close my eyes, breathe, and try to decompress. It was hard and it really did not work all the way but it did help. I also took a couple of Librax tablets for the spasms and tht helped. I know it is hard but the less we stress the better we are. I know you are a strong young woman and can handle this situation.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2433

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review