Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peppermint capsules and GERD?
      #316923 - 10/18/07 12:19 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi all,

I have been wanting to try the peppermint caps for a while now, but I have GERD and am worried that they will make my acid reflux flair. So I was wondering if anyone here with reflux uses the peppermint caps and if their experience is positive/negative. Thanks!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peppermint capsules and GERD? new
      #316993 - 10/19/07 05:23 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

I have fairly severe GERD and the peppermint IS NOT okay for me. I cannot drink the peppermint tea or the fennel tea for that matter. I have trouble with lots of things due to my reflux and unfortunately some of the best things for IBS is off limits due to my reflux. Mine is so bad that I am seriously considering a stomach wrap to keep my flap closed.

Re: Peppermint capsules and GERD? new
      #316994 - 10/19/07 05:39 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Hi there!

I think you should try it yourself. After all that's the only way to find out if it works or not for you. And I mean, it wouldn't be dangerous to try. If your reflux gets worse from them then you know that, but you won't do any harm by trying. And if they work, then great.

I have just ordered some to try. I have reflux problems but they are pretty mild. Sometimes it's worse but that's typically just for a couple of days at a time and I can in general tolerate peppermint tea, so I think the capsules will be ok for me.

/Ulrika

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 720

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review