All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
am I doing something wrong???
      #316615 - 10/14/07 01:16 AM
kats

Reged: 10/11/07

I'm new to the diet and have been following it for the past couple days. I am usually IBS-D, with occasional IBS-C. Last Wed I had a very bad day (rushing to w/r - no warning) which prompted me to start this diet. Well, since Wed I have not had a BM and I'm starting to get crampy and uncomfortable...this is not normal for me, I'm usually going anywhere from 2-7 times/day! I have been eating SF foods with every meal but still incorporating IF foods - I have only cut out completely: dairy (drinking soy milk now), tea, eggs, WW bread, pop (although that was only occasionally), any junk food. I have started eating sourdough bread (with a little peanut butter), drinking my ginger or chammomile tea, snacking on cold cereals, and have continued to have some veggies (lettuce, cooked beans, carrots) and apples. Any advice would be appreciated! BTW - also 6 months pregnant.

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: am I doing something wrong??? new
      #316617 - 10/14/07 05:44 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Have you cut out red meat as well? The body has a very difficult time digesting it. You may want to try rice milk instead of soy. Soy bothered me a lot at first and now I can use it in smaller amounts. You might need a little more IF, maybe try using some ground flax seed in your cereal. It helps move things along and will give you some Omega's you might be missing. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#316627 - 10/14/07 11:23 AM
rox53

Reged: 02/23/04

I'm only 15 weeks pregnant, but from what I have read, when you're pregnant you tend to get constipated. It is because the uterus is on your intestines so it makes everything go slower than usual. Try asking your OB for a stool softener. Or you can try the acacia, I haven't take that yet, but they say it will help move things along.

Hope you feel better. I know how frustrating it is being constipated. For me, I would rather have D than C.

#316632 - 10/14/07 01:54 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Sorry, I wish I could help. I am IBS-C and it's very rare for me to get diarrea. But I do hope you feel better.

Do you take Heather's fiber? It helps with spazms and help you with BM's.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 927 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1052

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review