All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: tips new
      #316654 - 10/15/07 06:40 AM
nikjones1977

Reged: 10/15/07

Hi - I can relate to this - I get bored living on my own, so I have a tendancy towards comfort eating, which irritates my gut. Which in turn makes me fear going out, which makes me want to eat, so I can relate xx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#316662 - 10/15/07 08:40 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Today was my first day that i 've given the EFI diet a proper go, with no compromises, and i've failed already i was in work and desperately needed waking up and some energy so i had one cup of coffee with normal milk because i had no alternative. I think caffeine and alcohol are going to be the hardest things to give up. (And chocolate but i've found a great alternative that i think will work- alpro soya chocolate desserts, they're amazing!). I was supposed to start the diet properly last week but friends were over my place all weekend and bought over cider and wine and i gave in! Any tips specific to giving up alcohol and caffiene? Btw, thanks for all the replies and encouragement so far

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

You ate what? new
      #316675 - 10/15/07 10:05 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Oh my goodness! You had alcohol, coffee and regular milk? If I ate that over the weekend, I would probably be in a hospital today!!!

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#316676 - 10/15/07 10:16 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Do your friends know that you got IBS?

Well, if you allow yourself eat all these things, you must not be too sick. I've been through hell and I wouldn't dare eat some things, no matter how "weak" I get.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: You ate what? new
      #316680 - 10/15/07 10:57 AM
welshsarah

Gosh! That's bad. I haven't been in horrendous pain. I've just been bloated, feeling permanently sick and my stomach's too sensitive too touch. I'm sorry that your body reacts so badly. That sucks. I think sometimes my mind freaks out when my symptoms flair up so i'm less able to cope.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: tips - Alpro Soya yogs new
      #316687 - 10/15/07 11:24 AM
nikjones1977

Reged: 10/15/07

Those deserts are great, I went through an Alpro soya chocolate milk phase, it was great! Although my eating disorder put paid to enjoying them...i went a little overboard!! oops....xx

#316688 - 10/15/07 11:53 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I'm sorry your first proper day didn't go well. When I was quitting coffee I drank coffee substitute with sugar and rice milk. The caffeine withdrawal only lasted a few weeks for me (max 2) but what I craved was that smooth, warm taste so the substitute did the job. I tried drinking decaf chai tea but it felt too watery. What I like the best is Caro by Nestle. I remember I already told someone here about this drink so if it was you I'm sorry for repeating myself . It's just that I love it so much. It doesn't taste much like coffee but it has a nice, slightly sweet, rich flavor.
Once in a while I feel like I really, really need some caffeine so I have a can of Coke/Pepsi. I drink the diet kind because the aspartame actually doesn't affect me as much as the HFCS but I think the UK version might have regular sugar in it. I try not to do this more than once a month and often I can go longer. I used to be a complete addict but lately I found that I don't even like the taste as much anymore.
I think it's harder sticking to the diet if you know that sometimes you can get away with a little cheating. I don't mean to underestimate the pain of other people but I surely wouldn't eat something repeatedly if I knew for sure it would make me horribly sick. But sometimes I can eat a little bit of something and be fine; another time a tiny bit makes me suffer for days. I need some consistency in my symptoms, please .
Anyway, good luck to you!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#316705 - 10/15/07 02:49 PM
welshsarah

Hi Zara,

Quote:

I think it's harder sticking to the diet if you know that sometimes you can get away with a little cheating. I don't mean to underestimate the pain of other people but I surely wouldn't eat something repeatedly if I knew for sure it would make me horribly sick. But sometimes I can eat a little bit of something and be fine; another time a tiny bit makes me suffer for days. I need some consistency in my symptoms, please

You hit the nail on the head there! I so agree with this as it's what my body is like which makes it rather confusing at times. Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement, i really appreciate it. I wonder if i can get Caro in the UK. Fortunately over here we don't add HFCs to anything so i'm glad that's one less thing to worry about.

I've got to the end of the day and the only naughty thing i had was that one cup of coffee with dairy milk this morning. Apart from that i've stuck to the diet completely. Even though i cheated, i feel quite proud of myself and my stomach is feeling reasonably settled Thanks again

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: tips - Alpro Soya yogs new
      #316706 - 10/15/07 02:51 PM
welshsarah

Yeah, i did that with wine gums. Couldn't face them for ages as i was recovering. But now i'm back to loving them i could so become addicted to the desserts tho!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2633 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5107

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review