All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
immodium while pregnant
      #316404 - 10/10/07 05:20 PM
allyb

Reged: 10/04/07

i already read in the glossary about taking immodium while pregnant, i was just curious if anyone here took immodium while pregnant and can reassure me that everything will be ok if i only take it very rarely? i unfortunately am not one of the lucky ones who says their ibs-d goes into remission during pregnancy!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: immodium while pregnant new
      #316412 - 10/10/07 07:24 PM
rox53

Reged: 02/23/04

I'm sorry but I can't give you firsthand advice, but I thought that I heard it is safe to take immodium while you're pregnant.

How far along are you? I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant with my first child. My IBS is still the same, probably worse stomach pains now than before I was pregnant. I was so hoping that I would be one of those that had a remission of my symptoms, but no luck here. I am basically miserable every day, with nothing that will help me. The heating pads used to totally calm my stomach but dr said that I can't use that.

Sorry about that. Just wanted to vent to someone else who is pregnant. How are you doing?

#316413 - 10/10/07 07:55 PM
allyb

Reged: 10/04/07

i'm 7 weeks and this is my first too! any extreme emotion (fear, anxiety, anger, happiness, sadness, whatever) always triggers my ibs! so the day i found out i was pregnant, i was beyond thrilled, but i spent all day in the bathroom!

I am also constantly starving now and dont always have safe foods around, so i have been getting out of my comfort zone alot, but thankfully my ibs hasnt been too bad, in my 7 weeks, ive only had flare ups about 3 times... sometimes i think that in lieu of morning sickness, i still get rumbly tummy and have to run to the bathroom shortly after i eat, although its usually not D, just...urgent!

the big worry for me is that i have a company trip in 2 weeks..which means getting on an airplane (i always dread that and usually take immodium to prevent any issues) and also means being in meetings and eating out (which i rarely do at home!)

how are you doing? feel free to vent! its always good to talk to someone who knows what im going through!

i read that you can use heating pads as long as you take it off when you feel your body getting too hot..but then again, that was a book, not dr.. i used my heating pad once..we'll see what my dr has to say about that tomorrow at my first appointment!

oh i also used to live off peppermint tea.. but i read online that it can relax your uterine muscles and cause you to miscarry.. so i stopped drinking that and basically just take acacia everyday and pray for the best!

#316434 - 10/11/07 10:24 AM
kats

Reged: 10/11/07

I have heard that immodium is safe and my doctor has recommened that I take it. I am currently 6 months pg and although my symptoms were better they have recently gotten alot worse! I was on medication which was helping but dr told me that I had to go off them, just recently they have let me start one of them because I was so upset but the other has to wait. I am so frustrated right now but am worried about starting a new diet while pg. Hopefully it won;t hurt.

--------------------
IBS-D

#316633 - 10/14/07 03:25 PM
Jms97

Reged: 01/09/06

My doc said it is safe. I am 6 months pregnant and have IBS-D, not fun! 1 immodium doesn't work anymore, I am afraid to eat. Make sure to drink your fluids! Feel better.

#316643 - 10/14/07 07:09 PM
commish

Reged: 05/19/07
Loc: canada

I am 10 weeks pregnant and I have used Immodiums and I was told as well that it is safe. Same problem, my IBS has not been in remission as I also heard that it could happen.
I am thrilled to be pregnant but would love some releif here!!! I also am having a hard time drinking Peppermint teas and Heather's tummy fiber acacia.

Good Luck and make sure you are drinking lots of fluids.
Commish

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 671 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1764

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review