All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Slim fast
      #316336 - 10/09/07 02:04 PM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

Hi All,I have not been here in a while.Since learning how to eat more safely (from coming here),I seldom have trouble(IBS-C).Or maybe I have just learned how to deal w/situations that come up.
Anyway, I have a question.For the last yr. I have been trying to lose weight,w/little success.Have tried many different plans too. So now I am thinking as a lost resort I should try the Slim Fast system. Since I have no trouble w/dairy I'm thinking this might be alright.
If anyone knows anything abt. this plan and how or if it might work please write me a reply.Any feedback is welcome. Thanks Suzy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Slim fast new
      #316343 - 10/09/07 03:39 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hi Su. Question: Are you incorporating some sort of cardio exercise in your routine? That will help melt away pounds coupled with eating healthy--you should lose about 2 lbs a week. I did the Slim Fast diet a while ago back before IBS and it worked (I was doing that plus an hour on the Elliptical machine 4x a week). When I did the Slim Fast diet, I didn't do it through their regimen, I did it through www.ediets.com. Give it a looksee.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#316348 - 10/09/07 04:33 PM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

Is there a fee for registering at ediets?
I ried reading all the info.,but still wondered abt. this issue.

#316406 - 10/10/07 06:03 PM
BendeeWendee

I believe it's about $15 a month--something like that. I've been a member for a while and I pay $10 a month. What I like about them is that it gives you the option of having a convenience menu (mostly frozen foods which is a NoNo with IBS) or Recipe based (which you're cooking for all of your meals) or a combination of both. They've expanded and have their own eDiets low fat plan (which is one I did back in 2000 and man did I look good!) and now have incorporated popular diets such as SlimFast, The Zone, Aikens, South Beach, etc. You can also have it so that you avoid high fatty, dairy, etc. The reason I did this back in 2000 was because I didn't know what to buy, how much to make, etc., and this helped me a lot.

Good luck! Do take the time out to read through their site.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

#316620 - 10/14/07 06:37 AM
RebeccaM

Reged: 10/04/06
Loc: Orange County, CA

I did Nutrisystem (not strictly) for a few weeks and found it very helpful. They have quite a few meals that I found to be safe for me and were non-dairy and white meat chicken or TVP. Once I got the hang of the quantity of food I could eat and still lose weight, I went back to cooking my own food.

Wendy why are frozen foods not IBS safe? I'm a Lean Cuisine ADDICT!!!!!

--------------------
On the diet since June 2006, IBS-C cleared up, still have abdominal pain; taking 1 Ultracet every a.m. for pain

#316625 - 10/14/07 09:37 AM
BendeeWendee

I used to be a Lean Cuisine addict too but when I go to the supermarket and look at their ingredients, they spell trouble. The pasta dishes with the cheeses and tomatoe sauces, the veggies with some of the dishes (for me, I would need much more soluble fiber before scarfing down the veggies), the new paninis--the breads may have dairy in their ingredients, can't have any meat selections, and the list goes on.

Before IBS, I did the Nutrisystem for about 2 months and then I had to stop them 'cause it turned out that their saucy content created irritations in my stomach's lining, producing Acid Reflux. I used to get a lot of their Italian entrees.

I don't necessarily follow the IBS diet to a "T", but I do follow the guidelines as far as eliminating meats, dairy, etc. I've lost the weight that I would've been working to lose and now I've got to figure out how to stop losing the weight or I'll become Nicole Richie part Deux!

But hey, if Lean Cuisine is working for you, go for it! I miss them terribly!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1805 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3021

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review