Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
woman's issues causing IBS flare up
      #316237 - 10/08/07 09:14 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi friends...
I am getting fed up! I have always taken 2-3 packages of my BC back to back to skip a period or two. A few months ago, I took 3 packages back to back and when I started my period, it never stopped! This was almost 3 weeks ago now. I got married 2 weekends ago, and I met with my doctor before it. He told me to double up on the pill and that shouldl stop it. I took 2 pills for 5 days. period left. got married....3 days later it was back!
Now that it's been about 22 days, I am going nuts! My IBS has goten terrible this past weekend and today has been miserable. I called off work and everything. I'm sitting here cramping and of course advil doesn't take away the big cramps. I have a heating pad as well...but any other suggestions?
Sometimes I feel like I'm an expert in this IBS thing more than my doc, but I do have a call into my gyno to ask b/c I'm getting worried about becoming anemic again. So we'll see...
Has this happened to anyone? As a newlywed, 3 weeks of a period is really sucking!!!
Any help/suggestions/hugs would be happily accepted!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: woman's issues causing IBS flare up new
      #316254 - 10/08/07 11:50 AM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I'm so sorry. This must be horrible for you. I know how bad my period makes my IBS so I can't imaged how you've dealt with this for so long. I too started taking birth control 3 packets in a row, per my doctor's instructions. When you said you met with your doctor and he said to double up on your pills, was that your ob/gyn or IBS doc? Your IBS doc shouldn't be telling you how to handle your BC. Get an appointment with your ob/gyn as soon as possible. It is not normal or healthy to have it go on for so long. It could be an indication of a problem. Or it could be you need a stronger BC.

I would suggest tea if there's a safe one you drink. But there seems to be little we can do to handle the effects during that time. I have IBS-A and end up taking imodium more often and tylenol (anything else bothers my stomach). However, there are specific medications that can help with the period cramps. Ask your doctor.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Hope you feel better.

Re: woman's issues causing IBS flare up new
      #316283 - 10/08/07 04:26 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I got married 3 weeks ago, as well. I had to use plan B pill 2 months ago and after that I had 4 periods in a month. I was getting fed up too because as a newlywed you don't want to have to deal with your period, right? Last week my period was so bad, I was bending over at my desk at work. I posted a topic about that last week so you can look it up.
Here: http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=316018&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

Take care and be well.
Tatyana.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

provera new
      #316367 - 10/09/07 08:31 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I saw my gyno a few weeks ago but finally I got a call back from the doc this morning. He put me on provera for 7 days...anyone have any experiences with this? It hopefully will stop the bleeding. I am meeting with him next week anyways to sort the rest out, but I'd love this period to end!!
But any experiences from provera or any progesterone stuff would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: provera new
      #316368 - 10/10/07 02:23 AM
clairews6

Reged: 09/08/07
Loc: Staffordshire, UK

Hi there,
I suffer with irregular periods wihich plays havoc with me, i was prescrobed provera about a year ago after not having a period for 4 months and being fed up. I'm currently trying for a baby and i've just been prescribed progesterone to induce my period as its irregular again. I dont seem to have any problems with either to be honest. The lack of period is far much worse for me as my IBS flares when my period is late, and stays until after my period has finished.

Hope this helps.

Claire x

--------------------
Aged 31, 1 Husband 2 Cats and maybe (hopefully) a baby soon

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6785 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1823

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review