All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
peppermint oil capsules
      #316173 - 10/07/07 09:10 AM
pepperkitty

Reged: 08/31/04

Hello!

I've had IBS-C for almost 15 years now. I've checked out this board a time or two, but I never really paid attention to the other things offered other than the diet. I can't drink tea of any kind. It sends my stomach crazy. But, I was reading today about peppermint oil pills and how important they are for someone with IBS. Some additional research on the subject brought me to this site. How long can you take these pills and can you take them if you are on birth control. I suffer from a panic disorder that I know is directly connected to my intestinal track and IBS. I read that peppermint oil capsules get rid of bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine. As well as, aleviate some of the problems associated with IBS. I would love to know if this is true anyone out there having any luck with this herb?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: peppermint oil capsules new
      #316189 - 10/07/07 10:55 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

I love peppermint, it really does relax my tummy when it gets clinchy. I drink peppermint tea, grow mint and put it in food, (mint angel cake)take capsules, once a day. and eat altoids. My fella says my breath is amazing (lol) but most importantly, I know that it is helping relax my tummy, I am Ibs c predominate. So I need all the soothing pain releif I can get.

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Re: peppermint oil capsules new
      #316192 - 10/07/07 11:47 AM
cate3

Reged: 10/01/07
Loc: Ohio

I have just started taking pepermint capsules. The first two days I actually felt pretty good, not much cramping or gas, but today I am a little gassy and belching quite a bit. Does anyone know if they take a while to work?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 861

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review