All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Multivitamins and stomach upset
      #315811 - 10/01/07 05:43 AM
pixiegoddess

Reged: 01/18/07

Hi all! I have always taken a multivitamin daily until just over a year ago when my GI problems really flared up. At the time I was taking a few different supplements as well as a multivitamin but had to stop taking all of them due to stomach upset. I've tried taking just the multi that is organic and free of artificial colors, flavors, etc. but they still seem to bother me. Does anyone out there take a liquid vitamin with luck? And if so, what brand do you use and where do you get it? Since I'm not always able to eat the best I'd like to be taking something. Thanks for your input!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Multivitamins and stomach upset new
      #315813 - 10/01/07 05:56 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I have tried flintstone vitamins or organic children chewables, I have also heard pre-natal vitamins are good, but I am sure there is someithing in them that "could" be a trigger, isn't there in everything.........

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

#315820 - 10/01/07 07:45 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I started taking Liquid Health Complete Multiple a couple of months ago. Regular vitamins made me feel sick and many are not vegan friendly. The liquid is great. I mix it with a little bit of water so it's not so strong. You take 1 oz. every morning. Found it at the health food store.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#315838 - 10/01/07 10:20 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I take Flintstones Complete...have also tried Women's One a Day....

#315840 - 10/01/07 10:30 AM
Pnut

Reged: 09/12/07
Loc: Ontario, CAN

I have/had the same problem with multivitamins as you, pixiegoddess. I switched to Greens+ Multi, which is great! Not only does it NOT bother my stomach, but it really gives me energy for the day. It is a green powder that you mix with water and you can get quite a few different flavours.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 372 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1352

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review