All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: What are your favorite SAFE fruits and veggies to eat? new
      #315706 - 09/28/07 01:53 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I find that I can eat almost any vegetable as long as it's cooked and served with a good SF base. When introducing a new vegetable, I tend to eat it in small amounts, but consistently. I eat some combination of corn, carrots, peas, broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, tomatoes, and potatoes, almost every day. I've been on the diet a few years now, and it has taken me a while to feel comfortable adding in vegetables. The gas that I had when I started eating these vegetables has gone away over time, similar to when your digestive system adjusts to eating beans.

I rarely ever eat raw vegetables, although I sometimes add chopped onions and tomatoes to a sandwich or bean taco.

I'm having more problems incorporating fruits, but I seem to do okay with canned pineapple, Satsuma tangerines, and fruits in smoothies (usually banana and berries), berries added to cereal/oatmeal or pancakes/waffles (make sure they're dairy free), and baby food/pureed fruits.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Great ideas! new
      #315732 - 09/29/07 07:18 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

All these suggestions are great! Thanks so much!

Re: What are your favorite SAFE fruits and veggies to eat? new
      #315741 - 09/29/07 05:03 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Why are pears bad? If no skin?

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Re: Little Minnie new
      #315927 - 10/01/07 05:13 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I pretty much have gas all the time. It isn't worse from fruits and veggies but usually worse if I don't go when needed. I can eat the same thing three days in a row and feel different each day.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2791 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4435

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review