All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Problem Eating Rice
      #315358 - 09/20/07 05:01 PM
Leann

Reged: 09/18/07

I have been on the brat diet for 2 days to try and stabilize my system, and everytime I eat rice i get really sick and bloated.....

Has anyone else felt this?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Problem Eating Rice new
      #315393 - 09/21/07 10:29 AM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I have never heard of that. Are you putting anything on the rice or toast? Maybe they're the culprit. Plain white steamed white and plain white bread (with no preserversatives for some people - sourdough, french from the bakery) should be fine. I know some people react to bananas and I react to just eating applesauce by itself. So maybe it's not the rice?? Feel better really soon!

Re: Problem Eating Rice new
      #315397 - 09/21/07 11:25 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I do fine with rice but I have seen a few other people on the Boards say that rice seems to disagree with them. Maybe you could consider expanding your choices from Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast to the wider range of SF foods in the Break The Cycle Diet:

web page

And remember, restricting your diet so severely isn't really recommended for more than 3 days max. So keep a solid SF base going and see if you can start adding in some other foods as recommended in the web page.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6576 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1065

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review