All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Holiday in the US
      #315271 - 09/19/07 04:32 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

I'm travelling to the US on saturday (LA to be precise) and i'm little worried about what i'm going to eat out there as i'm trying to follow the EFI diet but i'm also on a wheat free diet (not out of choice). Any suggestions? Where would be good places to eat out? My husband and i really need this holiday to relax and enjoy each other and i just don't want my IBS to get in the way so any help would be much appreciated. Oo, it's also an 11 hour flight and travelling always mucks up my system (i'm IBS C and definitely not stable) so any tips on managing this would also be great. Thank you xxx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Holiday in the US new
      #315280 - 09/19/07 10:21 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I am too struggling with my IBS+C.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Tatyana new
      #315314 - 09/20/07 12:54 AM
welshsarah

Its's so annoying isn't it. It seems impossible to control. Hope you have a wonderful wedding!!! Also hope that your IBS doesn't cause you too many problems. Where are you going on honeymoon? xxx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: Tatyana new
      #315348 - 09/20/07 03:35 PM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I would definitely pack plenty of safe snacks, water and fiber supplements for the trip. I know California is very progressive in terms of healthy foods. I live in Connecticut, so I can't personally recommend anywhere. Having to avoid gluton must be very difficult. At least the stores out here are very good at carrying a lot of different products. Most even have separate sections. Good luck!

Re: Tatyana new
      #315354 - 09/20/07 04:17 PM
welshsarah

Thank you. Yes, i hope it will be all fine. My preconceptions of California are that the "fad" diets are in abundance so hopefully it'll be fine. I think i'm just overly anxious because my IBS is finally starting to get better and i don't want to undo it all and make it worse again. Oh well! Thank you for your reply

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#315373 - 09/21/07 01:29 AM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I'm not a gluten free eater, but, in finding safe places to eat in LA, I try to scout out the vegetarian/vegan friendly places as well as ethnic restaurants. This site has always been helpful for me:
http://www.randomgirl.com/veganla.html.

I highly recommend the Inn of the Seventh Ray! Not only is their food delicious, it's located in the heart of Topanga Canyon which is absolutely charming and ecclectic. You can drive down Topanga Canyon Road to the 101 and take it South about a mile or two and you'll be in Malibu! Or you can cruise the 101 and take in the Pacific, find a nice beach and take in a romantic sunset with your hubby Oh, you'll have such a lovely time! Have fun!

#315392 - 09/21/07 09:24 AM
welshsarah

Wow, that all sounds amazing ! Thanks Amanda. We fly out tomorrow so i'm getting really excited now! Thank you again. xxx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2212

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review