All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HLEP With DIET
      #315248 - 09/18/07 07:09 PM
Leann

Reged: 09/18/07

I recently got diagnosed with IBS and GERD and I am so confused and I don't know where to turn.

It says to start with these foods, but I don't know how to prepare them, do I eat and protein? I'm at the end of my rope and I need some help please!!!

Truly appreciate the help!

Leann

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HLEP With DIET new
      #315264 - 09/18/07 09:25 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

If you haven't gotten the books yet, I would start here, IBS Diet FAQs . There are also additional links on that page, an IBS diet Cheat Sheet that lists soluble fiber foods, insoluble fiber foods, and triggers that you should avoid. It is a lot to learn, but just take your time and read everything, carefully. Print out a copy and keep it in the bathroom. (That's what I did until I got the books, since that's where I was spending most of my time.) It's good to get a basic understanding of Heather's Eating for IBS (EFI) Diet because the boards can be really confusing.

Under IBS Recipes there's a link to the IBS Recipe Index -- this lists probably hundreds of recipes that a lot of us have tried and that are safe for most IBSers. You might want to look at that just to get used the types of ingredients and substitutions you'll use while on the diet.

Best wishes. I hope the IBS Diet FAQ link helps.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 403 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 612

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review