All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
do any ibs-c's take probotics?
      #314464 - 09/02/07 02:20 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

hi
do any ibs-c's take probotics? have they worked or helped you? what kind are you taking?
thank you

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: do any ibs-c's take probotics? bump-please-anyone? new
      #314724 - 09/07/07 11:25 PM
sun

bump-please-anyone?

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Re: do any ibs-c's take probotics? new
      #314725 - 09/08/07 05:13 AM
CubanMistletoe

Reged: 05/04/07

I tried them once before. It was called lactobacillus acidolphus or something like that i think... It didn't seem to do anything for me, but I have heard people say that they had some success with them. I personally will try anything. What's the worst that could happen if you're already constipated, full of gas, and cramped up? Personally, I've had most the most success with acacia fiber. I'd give probiotics a shot if I were you though. Good luck whatever you decide to do. This has been one of the most frustrating things I've ever dealt with, and I'm sure you feel the same.

Do a search.... new
      #314726 - 09/08/07 06:12 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Try doing a search on the board. There have a lot of discussions about probiotics and the different ones we use.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

i did search and lots of D'S not C's came up new
      #314745 - 09/09/07 12:05 AM
sun

i was just wondering what kind of probiotic a C would look out for...Align? Bio k?
thank you.

--------------------

Re: i did search and lots of D'S not C's came up new
      #314746 - 09/09/07 12:42 AM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

Hi, I am c but don't take probiotics (can't afford them). Apart from trying probiotics is it worth you trying different combinations of sf/if etc. for your c or have you been down that road too many times? For my c I have found the most effective thing (apart from working out sf/if) was adding some healthy fats into my diet. I really notice the benefits on a daily basis

Re: do any ibs-c's take probotics? new
      #314769 - 09/10/07 12:06 PM
pixiegoddess

Reged: 01/18/07

I have asked this question a couple of times and have gotten no response. I know you can do a search but it would still be nice to get a response from someone who has tried probiotics. And everyone may be different in regards to this, so what works for one person may not work for you. Unfortunately, I have had to go on a trial and error basis for a lot of my issues. I have yet to try probiotics again, though. I had tried them a few years ago, before I had lots of problems, and they did seem to help with keeping me regular. I wish I could be of more help. I guess you'll just have to try them! Good luck, and let me know how they work for you.

Re: do any ibs-c's take probotics? would align be ok? pleeeese help new
      #314780 - 09/10/07 04:49 PM
sun

yes it would be nice if someone could help just give me some sort of direction for probotics, some will make your constipation worse so i am trying to find one that someone with ibs c has tried and it has helped.
has any ibs c taken align? i wonder if it would work?

--------------------

FloraQ and Flora Smart new
      #314801 - 09/11/07 03:04 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Not sure why your search didn't pick up anything, but I used to take FloraQ and now I take Flora Smart. Both are great and don't have to be put in the fridge. I take them at night before bed, just so I scatter out my meds throughout the day. All I can say is that I've been able to reduce the daily dose of Miralax I've been on since Jan. I take about 1/2 capful now every few days. Not sure about Align.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2407 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2710

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review