All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I miss eating like a normal person...
      #314265 - 08/30/07 05:07 AM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

Ok.. this really sucks because I have altered my diet and I still feel like ****! I feel like I might as well go back to eating the things I enjoy because atleast then I was enjoying myself! What I wouldn't give for a nice bowl of granola or a sandwhich on 12 grain bread!! Sigh...

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I miss eating like a normal person... new
      #314298 - 08/30/07 11:19 AM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

Boy do I know what you mean! Yesterday I was so fed up I actually had a donut. And - - no reaction. It's so unpredictable it makes me want to scream.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I decided to try calcium carbonate. I'm taking half a pill at night so this is my second day after taking the dose. There's a bit increased gas, which another post warned me of which is why I started out with half a pill and at night. I hate to jink it, but I'm feeling a lot better. I actually had a normal BM yesterday. I honestly can't remember the last time that happened. It's been months. I didn't even remember what it was like.

Don't give up. Keep trying to diet and different things. I'm going to try a gastro yoga dvd that I got this weekend. I figured since it's a long holiday weekend, I might actually have time to try something that might mess me up.

You're not alone.

Re: GI yoga?? Please tell me more. new
      #314318 - 08/30/07 01:08 PM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

I would LOVE to know more. That is something I would use all the time. Do tell..

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

#314321 - 08/30/07 03:25 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Boy I am so there today! Its not even funny!! I am so sick of the same old Stuff! I would love to have cheesesticks for super something so simple! HAng in there your not alone!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas gas lactose intolerant

#314335 - 08/30/07 06:48 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I am so with you on that...for the past week I have been completely unstable and I'm not exactly sure why. It's times like these that I want to say screw it and order a huge ice cream sundae

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Re: GI yoga?? Please tell me more. new
      #314370 - 08/31/07 07:12 AM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I will try it out this weekend to see if it makes me feel worse in any way. I doubt I would see big results in a few days, but if I feel no worse, I will post information about the DVD.

Just the thought of eating makes me sad new
      #314374 - 08/31/07 09:57 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I guess my topic explains just how I feel....

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: Just the thought of eating makes me sad new
      #314412 - 08/31/07 07:28 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

We're all in the same boat. Wanna grab an oar? (I know, I'm always trying to make tragedy comedic.)

I miss being a normal person period. I LOVE to cook and most recently bought an extensive collection of Le Creuset cookware. They're still in their boxes. Sigh. I see my fellow pool playing friends in pictures at different tournaments, eating out at restaurants, having drinks--all things that I used to do. On top of getting antsy about eating, the stupid anxiety that I've developed is just more debilitation on top of the debilitation that was already there from the IBS. Double sigh. My poor coworkers are trying to figure out where we should go eat for our Holiday party in December and I've been begging them not to worry about me (it's not because of eating, it's because I'm scared to be away from home and from work which I've manage to tolerate).

I put the mental in ornamental.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

bendeewendee new
      #314419 - 09/01/07 05:50 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi My heart goes out to you! I understand all to well how it feels to have anxiety over anything use your work books they will help! I just wanted to suggest that for your christmas party suggest like a steak house they will always have grilled chciken (order plain) and baked pot(plain) or sweet pot(yum) skip the salad if you have to any really try not to worry and enjoy your co-workers. If you can't do that just eat eat before you go then meet them later. But don't give up take baby steps if you have to but you can beet this! good luck and keep your head up!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas/lactose intolerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 829 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3338

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review