All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
help! gas clears the room
      #314262 - 08/30/07 04:35 AM
margy

Reged: 06/19/07
Loc: Australia

I am preparing to go away for a few days and have been baking lots of the breads and cakes in the IBS recipe book. As I finished each one I had a little taste test and am now suffering from the worst gas and boy do I clear the room. I now think it is the sulphur in the eggs as I had this problem before with dried fruit. Yesterday I made the tomato soup which has onion in it and the same thing happened. Does anyone else have a problem with this and are the egg replacement powder safe and give the same result in a cake? Before I went on the diet I had the worst attack from fish that had been battered in egg batter. Apart from an IBS attack I also had the worst gas as well as almost throwing up from the egg taste.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help! gas clears the room new
      #314264 - 08/30/07 05:05 AM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

it seems as though I get gas with no rhyme or reason!!! atleast you seem to have pinpointed the problem. i just want to go about my day without farting. i'd take D over gas anyday!

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#314357 - 08/30/07 10:56 PM
eyesofchina

Reged: 08/08/07
Loc: Chicago, IL.

i think the egg replacement powders work great

#314358 - 08/31/07 03:32 AM
margy

Reged: 06/19/07
Loc: Australia

I have just baked using egg replacement, the bread turned out great and so far no gas, but I am being very wary. If this works I will be over the moon. I guess the sulphur is found in the white of the egg. I also have this problem with sulphur containing foods like onion and cauliflower. I use to have a cast iron stomach but now every thing seems to set me off. But if I can get past this gas problem I will never complain again. thx

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 899 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1781

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review