All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Reassurance needed...
      #314094 - 08/28/07 03:13 PM
Jennifer67

Reged: 07/06/07
Loc: Maine

Feeling down today, and honestly I don't know why. I have done well for 1 1/2 months on Heather's diet. I have had little pain, much less cramps...if at all at times. And only 2 days with bad cramps, or some urgency. I haven't had "D" until today.

I took a insulin test (naturopath wanted me to do it). You have to fast for 12 hours and then drink a carbonated really sugar drink (orange)...I really worried when I did the test. I had to sit 2 hours to wait for them to take a blood test..and I was fine.

Today, I had "d"....I must say, it wasn't my typical 6-7 runs to the toilet..and after 2 bouts I was back outside.

However, the anxiety over having it rear its ugly head is getting to me. Having a new baby, and having this hang over my head is getting me depressed. I have always been a strong person...but recently, this is bummin me out.

I know you all know what I am talking about. My husband says I should be happy that I didn't get as sick as usual. He says that means I am getting better. All I can feel is broken.

Sorry, just needing a shoulder. I know you are all dealing with this stuff too...I appreciate you listening.

What do you all think? Am I on my way to stable?

Ugh! Thanks in advance for putting up with my rant.

--------------------
IBS-D, stay at home mom of a beautiful daughter...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Reassurance needed... new
      #314097 - 08/28/07 03:32 PM
aworkman307

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Krum, TX

Well I'm right in there with you...I have my good days and still have a few bad days now and again.. but they are no where as bad as they use to be...I still have anxiety attacks when I know I have to leave the house even if it just to the dollar store and it's only a 1/2 mile from my house, just the fear of being humalited in public if 'D' rears its ugly head and what if I can't make it to the bath room or what if theres a line...It sounds like you are doing well and just the fasting alone could have triggered an unwelcomed vist from 'D'...So hang in there and know you are not alone in this struggle.

Amanda
IBS-D
Serve Pain

--------------------
Amanda
IBS-D
Severe Pain
aworkman307@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/aworkman307

#314100 - 08/28/07 03:54 PM
Jennifer67

Reged: 07/06/07
Loc: Maine

Amanda,

I am right with you. Thanks for that support. I knew the fasting combined with the drink could send me running...I just hoped for the best. I know I should be happy that it wasn't worse. I just wish it wouldn't happen at all...I know you understand!

--------------------
IBS-D, stay at home mom of a beautiful daughter...

#314120 - 08/28/07 07:06 PM
shakra

Reged: 08/27/07

I'm right there with you too..

I have had excessive amounts of time off work over the past two years, often with vomiting AND "D".

Once, at work, I was sitting with a manager going through some stuff, when I suddently had to run off. I nearly soiled myself.. I had to pretend I was vomit/sick as I was so embarrassed.

The thing is, because of the time away from work, most people think I am just a problem child.. and it's not like I really want to discuss my bowel movements with the greater population here at work.

So it's good to find people that DO understand..

I know what you mean about being anxious about going to the local store... my doctor is a mile away and I have no car, so I have to walk there.. thank goodness I found this website!

#314180 - 08/29/07 09:50 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Even though IBS attacks are rare for me now, when I do have them I still feel sad about it. I think that's normal. But the longer you go being stable and the fewer attacks you have, you'll find that you feel less anxious and better able to cope with them. Now, you know what to do to feel better faster and you have a place to vent about it. We all understand how frustrating IBS is!

The fact that you were done after only two bouts vs the six or seven you used to have, does show that you're getting stable. Hugs!

#314186 - 08/29/07 10:18 AM
eyesofchina

Reged: 08/08/07
Loc: Chicago, IL.

at least you can be pretty sure of what caused the attack! so you're still on your way to being stable because of course you won't always be fasting and drinking soda haha

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1616

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review