All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Two Questions
      #313689 - 08/22/07 06:29 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

What's happening to me while I'm sleeping? I notice that right around 9ish PM I start to feel like the old, normal me and at 11:30 when I go to bed, I am the old me. I go to bed hoping that I wake up feeling this way. Not! By the time I wake up at 6:30ish AM, I'm back to having to fight nausea, cramps, anxiety, etc. While I was off of work for 3 weeks, there were a couple of days where I purposely didn't go to sleep at all to keep the old me around and sure enough, the old me stuck around.

Can I take Centrum Multivitamins? Now that I've cut out tons of nutrients that I used to have before, I need to get those nutrients back in. My skin is dry and pasty, my scalp is dry--it's like I need to dip myself into a vat of skin lotion! If I can take the vitamins, when will it be best to take them--on an empty stomach or after a meal? I'm not really eating at all while at work so maybe after dinner?

Thanks!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Two Questions new
      #313708 - 08/22/07 09:42 AM
eyesofchina

Reged: 08/08/07
Loc: Chicago, IL.

I feel fine at night too! Always! So now even if I try not to I end up staying up until 3am because I want to enjoy some part of the day feeling good! Have you gone back to work yet? Hows it going?

By suggestion of someone on this site, I am taking One a Day Essential which just has vitamins no minerals as I guess some people are sensitive to them. Im going to try ones with minerals after im done with these to see how I react. I also got Citracal which is Calcium Citrate good for IBS-C its got a lot of calcium in just one pill 63% and 100% vitamin D too. I got the one that said maximum caplet dose. I think I remember you saying you were C too, so stay away from calcium carbonate because it makes C worse (the small amount in the multi vitamin I dont think would make a difference though.) I also take a vitamin c caplet and st johns wort everyday. I take them all at the same time (which I think some people would react badly to though) I take them in the middle of a meal with a full glass of water. I haven't had any troubles with it yet! So its good to know im not THAT sensitive, and maybe you aren't either!

#313720 - 08/22/07 12:35 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Jesus, I'm gonna be a friggin' walkin' pharmacy! (there goes the NY accent!)

Isn't it funny that at night we feel better? It doesn't matter if it's because I'm home because even when I was home and had bad days, right around 9ish I became normal. Friggin' call me Dr. Jeckyl and Ms. Hyde!

I was off of work for 3 weeks and returned this past Monday the 20th. I had good days from Thursday the 16th all the way thru Monday when I returned to work. Good days meaning I felt minimal anxiety and I could somewhat eat. However, I knew it would be shortlived because when I have good consecutive days, it's usually just the eye of the storm. So, Tuesday, the 21st was a Fair day (rating from Poor to Excellent), and today Wednesday the 22nd I was Poor. Going to the bathroom wasn't the problem, it's the anxiety and nerves that kick in and so I get nauseaus and don't eat, etc. But, as is always the case, I start feeling better towards the end of the work day and I'm 100% the old normal me by the time I go to bed. When my appetite finally kicks in while at work or anywhere else that's not home, I'll eat something teeny and as soon as I feel what was once a normal-doesn't-need-any-attention flutter in my stomach, I get nervous that I'm going to have to go and so the anxiety starts up again 'cause I worry about how I'm going to get home. My gut will stress my brain which will then aggravate my gut which will then stress my brain--and so the vicious circle starts. I'm like a dog chasing his tail!

I've realized that I'm scared to eat food anywhere that's not in my house, even if it's safe food that I've prepared and brought with me. Yes, I may need therapy. Not only am I now mental, I'm going to be Nicole Richie Part Deux if I keep this up!

Yeah, I need to look up what kinds of vitamins I can take. I'm C but when nerves kick in, I have D cramps but what comes out is hunky loosey goosey poopies. Now I'm talking like a baby. What the frig is going on with me?!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#313725 - 08/22/07 12:49 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

What the frig is going on with me?!

my sentiments, exactly.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#313746 - 08/22/07 06:29 PM
eyesofchina

Reged: 08/08/07
Loc: Chicago, IL.

Sounds like we have the EXACT same symptoms! I hate the butterflies in my tummy that used to feel normal but now feel like terrible cramps!! Ughhh, I hate how even if I make an effort NOT to be stressed, I am. Or even if im not at all, I still have the cramps. But yeah, as long as I take the vitamins with a meal, I dont feel any different. I also try not to blow up a little normal cramp that I always get into "omg im reacting badly to the vitamins!!!" I always take them at home though, just in case. Everything I do, I have to do something else "just in case"! And dont feel bad about thinkin you need therapy cos im sure we all could use it!

#313808 - 08/23/07 04:44 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You may already be doing this but if you're not, try eating something and maybe even taking some of your SFS shortly before bedtime. When I first started out, I had 1/2 cup of applesauce with Acacia in it shortly before bed.

Then when you get up in the morning, try a hot, safe beverage and another 1/2 cup of applesauce with more SFS as a pre-breakfast. Once your digestive tract accepts that, try eating something more "real" for your actual breakfast.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1943 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1505

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review