All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I survived vacation with no problem
      #313687 - 08/22/07 05:54 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

Hello all I just wanted to pass along the good news that I survived my vacation with no problems. I had a stomach ache on Monday but that was due more to nerves and stress since I was anxious about getting on the ship and had no idea what to expect. I did watch what I ate choosing pretty good choices. The only slipup I had was Friday when I ate a grilled Reuben, fries, and then a piece of cheesecake. Later got a slice of pizza and then Friday night my stomach starting the gurgling and a little pain and sure enough a few hours later D. But it ran it's course pretty fast. I had a prescription for Librax from my doctor but never took a single pill.
Actually, since being home and back at work and embroiled in family crisis every day my stomach is hurting today fairly severely. I have come to realize that a lot of my problem is the stress. I also relaxed my eating and having been drinking Coke and eating cheese (which I loved but pretty much stayed away from before) so I know that I have contributed to the problem. Thinking about doing the BTC diet if the problems do not resolve itself in the next few days.
Just wanted to pass along the good news that we can live a normal life with IBS, although I made sure I knew where the bathrooms were and foods choices were carefully made.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I survived vacation with no problem new
      #313764 - 08/22/07 10:53 PM
margy

Reged: 06/19/07
Loc: Australia

thanks for the good advice, I to think my IBS-D is made worse by stress. I have just started listening to a meditation tape at night to calm me down so I can sleep. I find that if I don't get the sleep my IBS is worse the next day. I am still anxious about travelling though.

#313765 - 08/22/07 11:37 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

Maybe also the stress might lead you to relax your eating habits thus contributing to IBS attacks (coke and cheese I mean). Great to hear you enjoyed your holiday!

#314546 - 09/04/07 11:08 AM
dmspross

Reged: 09/04/07
Loc: North Carolina

Do you have trouble with the physical act of traveling? Because while I've seen info on what food to bring so you don't have to eat unfamiliar food, I can't find any info on whether the physical act of traveling - maybe the actual movement of the car, train, bus? - causes problems? I do not have trouble flying - but you don't really feel like you are moving and I'm not a nervous traveler yet still have trouble. Any ideas?

#314570 - 09/05/07 03:48 AM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

Do you think maybe it could just be the change of routine? I find this even on a daily basis, the three days a week I work (I am a fulltime student) my body reacts just from the change of wake up time, eating schedule etc., time to go to the bathroom etc. But then if you don't find it flying maybe that's not it...?

#314640 - 09/06/07 07:57 AM
dmspross

Reged: 09/04/07
Loc: North Carolina

You may be right as I notice keeping to a schedule definitely helps. Thanks for the input.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 785 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2370

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review