All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
for emmasmom
      #313443 - 08/17/07 03:08 PM
crazylizardlady

Reged: 07/11/07
Loc: NJ

hey there. just want to commiserate with you. i'm in the same boat. my husband seems to be frustrated with me, we can't go anywhere for dinner, i can't drink , i'm just no fun. i'm very depressed. it's so not fair to have to deal with this. i want to eat again. i want to have a glass of wine!!! i guess it helps just coming on this forum and not feeling alone. well ,just wanted to say hi and hang in there, i feel your pain. i told my husband the same thing, to just give me a chance to maybe get better and hopefully, one day, i'll be able to go out to dinner and actually enjoy a meal and a drink with him. i really could cry i'm so sick of this. i eat nothing but oatmeal, baked potatoes and chicken and water or flat gingerale. i'm jealous of all those normal people out there enjoying their food, pizza, mcdonalds, icecream, starbucks.... arrrrrrrgggggggggggg anyway, take care, stay on this forum.
crazylizardlady

--------------------
IBS/GERD/Lactose Intolerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: for emmasmom new
      #313457 - 08/17/07 06:15 PM
eyesofchina

Reged: 08/08/07
Loc: Chicago, IL.

Eventually though, you're going to be better and so much healthier! And so used to all the foods you think are nasty now! McDonalds is disgusting and you should feel GREAT about not putting that garbage in your body anymore, not jealous!

THANK YOU! new
      #313577 - 08/20/07 01:46 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Thank you both for understanding! I feel like I am the only one out there sometimes with this!! I just have my days when I just want something quick & easy like fast food or order a pizza. I just miss looking forward to going out and eating and "being normal" and picking up that candy bar and diet coke for a snack. Thank you both so much for not letting me feel alone. stay strong and thanks again.
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas all the time no matter what!!!

it gets better new
      #313596 - 08/20/07 04:49 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

I just wanted to bring you a little hope. I started heathers diet in April and not only am i ibs c but i am lactose intolerant and also fructose sensitive. For the first two months it was hard, I didnt think that I could eat anything, i didnt want to go out for lunch with co-workers or dinner with friends because I was afraid. But the longer i am on this diet the more i realize that everything has a substitution and the easier the cravings become. I also am finding the restaurants are very accommodating and as long as you tell them that you have allergies they will prepare it exactly as you ask. I started to realize that I cant be paranoid to enjoy a great dinner with friends. I might not be able to get pizza with cheese or order fries but I can still have chicken or fish and feel great afterwards. I think its the fear of getting sick that makes matters worse. If you only let yourself believe that you can eat the right thing for you then you will feel that much better.

I also have never been a huge drinker but i love a nice glass of white wine. For months i was afraid to even have a sip, but I realized that if I have a glass or a little in moderation i can enjoy the same things my friends do. 2 weeks ago i went to "happy hour" with friends after work and had my first glass of white wine. it tasted fantastic and because I didnt stress over whether or not it was going to affect me, I was able to enjoy it!

The more stable you become the more you can add other things back in. You have to be patient and work at it, but I promise it gets easier. It is still hard and I will never be able to eat what all my friends and family can but by being on this diet I have days without stomach aches and I can go out and have a great time with friends not feeling sick or wanting to go home early.

Hang in!

I hope this helps
Abby

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 746

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review