All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
does menstruation aggravate the small intestine?
      #313433 - 08/17/07 12:07 PM
badtzjack

Reged: 05/08/07
Loc: NEW YORK

i would really like to know if the intestine is aggravated by menstruation, if the blood is blocking normal passing of stool, gas and just plain digestion? does anyone feel this is so, or have any info to give on what to do about it? i'm really afraid that i won't feel better again like i did just before i got mine this month. a few days before my period i felt lousy, and i still do even though the flow has gone down to just a small amount. could this small amount still interfere with the IBS? help, please!!!

(i still need to know if increasing the amount of pasta has shocked the intestine because it became too used to smaller amounts of the same things everyday.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: does menstruation aggravate the small intestine? new
      #313477 - 08/18/07 11:31 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Not in the way you're describing. However, your body releases different hormones at different times during your menstrual cycle and those hormone changes often affect your IBS. Here's an old thread about it:

web page

I don't think pasta would "shock" your intestines but many people with IBS report that their symptoms worsen if they overeat.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: does menstruation aggravate the small intestine? - overeating new
      #313482 - 08/18/07 12:34 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi,

I just wanted to put my two-cents in about overeating. Overeating is probably one of my biggest triggers, besides dairy (I'm lactose intolerant). For me, its the hardest part mentally because I am an extremely active person and often feel hungry. But I know if I overeat, then I often get more gas, pain, and often D. So, yes, if you ate a lot of pasta and went to that "overfull" feeling, then it could certainly trigger your IBS. HTH.

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 526 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 460

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review