All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I don't think I can do this anymore.
      #313318 - 08/15/07 06:38 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am at my wits end here. I don't think I can eat this diet anymore! I am so tired of the same old things I feel like everyday is just a repeat. Whats it going to be today chicken or turkey. I have made poatoes every way possible. I CAN"T DO SPICES OR SOY..... Tomatoe sauce is a huge trigger for me so no pasta. Besides soup. I am hungry all the time. I don't like engouh if to begin with. Heres my if I eat strawberries, green beans, peaches (without skin) cooked celery, mashed beans toms. I just don't know what to do I miss eating and its causing arguments with me and my husband. I just am at a lost here. Theres only so many times you can eat pots rice and pasta..... What do I do..... I need guidance and I need it fast..... Thanks for letting me vent..
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I don't think I can do this anymore. new
      #313320 - 08/15/07 07:31 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

Can you eat fish instead of chicken and turkey? you can bake whole fish, or grill salmon, marinade without spice etc. (Or even open tins which is what I do - I'm lazy). What about cous cous instead or rice and potatoes, flavour is very different to rice, it's so easy to make, I don't even use any oil just water and salt, you can toss it with some grated vegies or raisins, or lemon, coriander, salt and pepper.

Can you eat sweet relish or anything like that to add more flavour? I often make a little salad of mushroom base with some baby spinach and I wilt it a bit in the microwave and toss that with cous cous; could you dress something like that with oil free dressing? I also mash a fair bit of peeled eggplant, carrot etc., sometimes mix in hommus and have that on the side.

#313321 - 08/15/07 07:51 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hi Emmasmom. I don't follow the recipes in the book 100% because the majority of the dishes I don't like or I'm allergic to. I only have oatmeal in the mornings, I've gotta try the omelette but I'm too scared to. I've tried the Mustard Dill Salmon with roasted potatoes on Sunday and I haven't been right since (I don't know if the dish screwed me up or if my screwed up insides are screwing me up).

I'm lazy too. I buy Perdue's individual chicken breasts that are already seasoned and fry it up with sprayed oil and then place it on top of uncle ben's brown rice (microwaveable in 90 seconds!).

I LOVE to cook but have been limited since this IBS mess.

I guess it's easier for me 'cause I live by myself and don't have to worry about someone else. What I like the most from the book are the breads and drinks.

I'm a big fan of latin and italian foods and i'm constantly trying to find ways to keep the flavor by substituting soy, etc.

Good luck and I feel your pain.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#313325 - 08/15/07 08:44 PM
Amandarosko

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I don't know if this will trigger you, in fact I'm waiting for a reply to let me know if it is a trigger, but if you're tired of chicken and fish you could try those veggie burgers they sell at the grocery store. Some are gross, I can't stand the veggie hot dogs, but if I get my reply saying they're not a trigger I'll let you know.

#313330 - 08/16/07 01:39 AM
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland

How about pasta's without tomatosauce? Just add something like broccoli and fish or chicken. It might taste weird for your idea in the beginning but it is something different for a change.

I hope you find some solutions!

#313333 - 08/16/07 01:58 AM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

You can also mix in egg white into hot pasta (with vegies, tuna, etc.) to make a creamy-textured sauce.

#313366 - 08/16/07 10:08 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi there. I know what you mean; is the diet actually helping? I can't follow the diet- it's too depressing and it makes no difference to my IBS-C anyway. I really think this diet's best for IBS-D. Have you tried a wheat-free diet? I follow a wheat-free and almost dairy-free diet and i actually find it works really well and much easier to follow. Plus, my husband finds it much more enjoyable.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#313378 - 08/16/07 10:52 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Here's an old post that will direct you to some non-cook suggestions for eating this way and will also list foods we like that you may not have tried:
web page

Here's an old post by an IBS-Cer giving her daily diet. You'll see she sometimes cooks non-IBS dinners for her family while keeping her own dinner quick and simple:

web page

Here are some recipes I made for my non-IBS relatives that they loved:
web page

I know some of these may be too spicy for you but I hope some of them will work. Do browse through the recipe index and look for fish and seafood dishes especially if you're bored with chicken and turkey.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Thank you all for your help! new
      #313437 - 08/17/07 01:52 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2523

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review